Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTW) Paramount Hotel

epj1976
By epj1976,
in

I think I bit 4*MW, $145 and it rejected me so I added 3*, $150 and it accepted.

Is this a really bad hotel? Should I be worried? I'm a little nervous about it. I read the reviews and it sounds incredibly tiny. I guess that is the chance I took by bidding on priceline. Do you know if this is a safe area? Thanks in advance.

The Paramount is not a bad hotel, it's just very tiny.

The backpacker crowd and leftover hippies love it because it's "trendy."

I avoid the Hudson on W 58th for the same reason.

If I'm paying $100 plus I'm not going to be in a dormatory with a bunch of sardines.

There is no reason not to get a decent sized room and bathroom, even in New York.

For the same price I bid only on 4 star hotels in New York and I've gotten the Waldorf, Hilton, and Grand Hyatt each for $101.

The Paramount is in a great location if you are going for the tourist thing. It's a half block off Times Square and adjacent to the Marriott Marquis.

The neighborhood is as safe as any in midtown and there are plenty of pubs and restaurants in the area. 8th Avenue down there is still a bit seedy in a couple spots but nothing like the heyday of the Times Square of the 1970's. God Bless Rudy Giuliani.

If you can deal with the shoebox thing you will enjoy yourself.

Thank you for your help and advice. At least we know what to expect. I got the Sheraton Manhattan the other day for $100 and wish that I could have got that again this time. This will be my first time in NYC as an adult so I just picked a spot in the middle of everything. Hopefully my friends won't hate me for getting us such a small room. I kept trying to bid on 4*hotels and I kept getting rejected. Oh well, live and learn.

Okay, I won a hotel on priceline.com for the Paramount last week. I have been reading the reviews and I am seriously having second thoughts about this hotel. There are going to be 3 of us. I already called and asked for 2 double beds and it will only be an extra $30 a night to do so. I am just wondering if anyone knows what the suite is like at the Paramount?? I just don't want this hotel to ruin our trip. We will only be there for 2 nights and then moving on to a friend's weddding. I am just wondering if I should upgrade again to the suite and if there is any difference or if it would be worth it to even do so. If anyone has any info, that would be great. I tried calling the hotel, but I couldn't get anyone on the phone. They were in a meeting! Ugh...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]