Hotwire Hotel: 2* Montgomery (Central Montgomery-Dannelly Field MGM) Airport Inn

rebelfan
By rebelfan,
in

I managed to get what looks like the scariest hotel in all of Alabama. We're just using it for a quick stopover on the way to FL, though. I can't even find a website on this place, but did find that it used to be a Days Inn.

Amenitites: Complimentary Breakfast, Hi-speed internet, Laundry, Pool, Business Center.

Many apologies, I forgot to link to HOTWIRE through this site. I was so concerned about using the right page to get my Entertainment Book discount that I forgot to come here first.

OK, you may have an out if you want it :)

I called the hotel and the pool is currently closed due to a leak and will be closed for at least the next 10 days. I would call Hotwire and inform them that you expected a pool and that is why you chose this hotel, but the pool is closed for repairs and therefore should not be shown as an amenity (this is different then a pool not being open for seasonal reasons, so don't let them try to tell you that)

Let us know if you try contacting Hotwire regarding the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting development -

I decided just to go with the Airport Inn and not call them about the pool - big mistake. When we pulled in to the parking lot I was scared. I could go into a long narrative about the place, but I'll spare you. It was just not anywhere I would EVER stay. So we went across the street to the Comfort Inn, which was fine. I then wrote Hotwire an email explaining the pool issue, and that there was no Business Center. I also told them some unsavory details about the appearance of the property, and told them there was no way that it was even close to 2*. I requested a refund.

In the mean time I got one of those "rate your experience" emails, and in the body it mentioned that the Airport Inn was a 1* hotel. WTH? I checked my confirmation, and I booked a 2* hotel!

Ultimately, I didn't get a refund, but I got $100 in hotwire dollars (double what I originally paid). I guess this is ok. I would have liked the option of a refund or the credit, but getting double is a nice gesture.

Kara

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]