Priceline Hotel: 4* Austin (Downtown) Hilton

cmjesquire
By cmjesquire,
in

I was looking for a 4* downtown Austin hotel and started bidding yesterday at $60 and worked my way up to $95. This morning I tried again, starting out at $100 for a 4* downtown. I added zones increasing my bid up to $115 afer a couple of rejections where I was finally accepted by the Hilton for $115/night.

Hilton.com and Hotels.com had Hilton rooms at $229, so $115 was right at half price. :)

I don't know why Austin hotels are so expensive right now on Priceline. The last time I was there last fall, my $65 bid was accepted by the Omni. :)

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason it HAS gotten harder to get a deal on 4-stars in Austin.

My wife and i go there a couple times a year and used to get rooms regularly at the Hyatt Regency for $50 - $60 thru Priceline.

Last year though we had to go up to $75 and got the Downtown Hilton, but we assumed it was because we just happened to be going on Mother's Day weekend.

However, i see on this board that people are now paying $100 or more for 4*s in Austin.

We like the 4-stars, but only when we were getting those cheap deals!!

We are going next weekend and are going to try to get a 3-star in the "airport" area.

My friend got the Airport Hilton last year for $50 and i see others have gotten it and the Omni for about the same price.

i'll make a separate post about how that goes.

later,

dougieieie

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]