Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley) Sheraton Boston

swooopeno
By swooopeno,
in

First attempt at priceline bidding process. Thanks for the information i've been reading here for the last few days.

Never been to boston, but I think it is safe to assume T access is ok at all 4* in locations I specified? Not sure if I even need T access, but everyone else seems to, so I guess I might too???

From what I've read, I can make 'requests' to priceline and hope for the best???

I really would like 2 beds. I'm sure I can work this out with the hotel, but I just want to try to cover all areas.

So - I think I understand the bid/rebid process. I'm just not sure where to begin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've only been to this site for a few days now, but I absolutely plan to use the SB link!!!

Thanks!

Off topic - On somewhat of a side note, we are arriving at 6am on 6/23. Do hotels usually let you leave your bags somewhere until check-in time? We also have a late plane flight out on 6/26. Think I could leave my bags at hotel until its time to leave?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You would make your (bedding) requests to the hotel (not to priceline) and hope for the best... you may or may not get your request honored.

You will almost definately be using the T in Boston. I'll leave it up to a local as to how readily accessible T access is by the reported 4* hotels in the Copley and/or Downtown zones and we'll suggest a strategy once we know that each of those zones are acceptable to you.

In addition to confirming the zones that are 'ok' for you to bid, what is your maximum bid amount? We wouldn't want to suggest a strategy that went hgiher than you wanted to bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Based on other hotel searches, I expect to pay about $200/night for a 3*. After looking here, I see that I may be able to aquire a 4* for that price (or even less).

So $200 is the approx. limit.

As far as the zones go, I want to be walking distance to most things and want to be able to walk down the street at night. With these requirements, it seems that the Copley or downtown zone would be ideal (downtown being my first choice).

That's a great map.... I wish every map was 'googlized' like that. Ok, I think i will wait a bit longer for some more instruction on which of the boston areas to stay in.

1. Copley/Back Bay

2. Downtown

From what I can see, these are very similar places as far as 4* hotels go. I will also continue my research.

I'll report back when I know for sure. Thanks for all the quick replies.

Both Copley and Downtown are good zones for tourists. Each offers access to the T (which only runs until approx. 12:30am) and is walk-able from many local attractions.

What is your main goal: a low rate or a higher star level? The 3* Holiday Inn Select - Gov't Center is available on EasyClickTravel for $139/night. It's a prepaid reservation, which is cancellable until 72 hours prior to check-in. They also have the 4* Royal Sonesta (in Cambridge & close to the T) for $178/night.

It appears that some of the 4* Priceline regulars are sold out for 6/23-26 (Colonnade & Hyatt Regency). If you still would like to try for a 4* on Priceline let us know, and we'll further assist you.

I would be very happy with a 4* for less than $200 including taxes. I'm weighing two options here. Do you have a rough estimate of the likely price I would pay via priceline for a 4* in copley? $150+tax? 100+tax? I see varying results from wins reported here. 2 beds is also important. The holiday inn select sounds like an ok choice, considering I can choose 2 beds. However - how did you find that? Is it one of the 'off the record' hotels? Is there a site that may have some insight on comparing the descriptions given on easy click travel to the actual hotel name? I only see 1 for 139/night.

So, do I go for the 3* w/ the guarantee of 2 beds, or chance the 4* with only 1 bed? Hmm.....

Ok.. how much do you think priceline would be for a 4* in copley?

thanks!

Rates are very high :)

When bidding 4* in Boston you have three re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown-Charlestown...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown-Charlestown and Copley...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

The above is how i would start for the first round of biddnig. If you get a counter-offer along the way stop and post back the amounts involved. If the above is rejected we'll suggest a new strategy to try again tomorrow.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

It is highly recommended that you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding again and 'guessing' at your re-bid zones (unless you want to end up in a zone you really don't want :) )

Well... that was the most suspense I've ever felt at work before.

Report:

Select 4* Downtown-Charlestown...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone... SB

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone... BL

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone... MEDFORD

*REJECTED

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone... SB

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone... BL

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone... MEDFORD

*REJECTED

Select 4* Downtown-Charlestown and Copley...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone... SB

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone... BL

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone... MEDFORD * REJECTED

Bid $150. * JACKPOT

Sheraton Boston Hotel

Used Savingsbarn.com every time.

Thanks again for the help -

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]