Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley) Sheraton Boston

steve16823
By steve16823,
in

Okay, from the previous thread after I booked my friday night room at Hotel@MIT:

Wow. I bid up to 170 for a four-star in any area but Copley. And then bid 3* all the way up to $170 for any area except Copley and Airport.

I made backup reservations at the Airport Holiday Inn for $170. I may try starting over with Copley 4* (and then 3*) or I might just wait until a few days before my trip and start over to see if anything opened up.

I'm totally unfamilar with Boston except for a few trips to Cambridge, and then I drove from PA so I didn't even set foot in the city or airport. The only reason I left out Copley area is that it wasn't in the direct line between Cambridge (where I will friday night and saturday during the day) and the airport (where I need to be Sunday morning for a 10am flight). I was hoping to get someplace downtown so it would make for a more interesting Sat evening than sitting in an airport hotel.

But then again, maybe going from Cambridge - Copley - Airport wouldn't be so bad with public transportation. Any folks familar with Boston got any advice?

So, I started off this morning bidding 4* in Copley. Started at $75 and rebid up to $130 and was rejected. Next bid, of $150, was accepted at the Sheraton Boston. So, not a FANTASTIC price like I can usually find but based on my experiences bidding everywhere in Boston for a 4* or even a 3*, it's probably the best i'm going to do. After taxes and fees, I probably saved $40 or $50 bucks over the rate for the Sheraton, getting it for pretty much the same price as my backup reservation at the Holiday-Inn, but definitely a better location and probably a better hotel. And it's only about 1.5 miles from the Hotel@MIT which will make a short taxi ride or an easy walk.

I remembered to use the savingsbarn.com link to PRICELINE, too. In fact, i've replaced my priceline.com bookmark with the link copied from savings barn.

However, i think you'll need to bookmark the SavingsBarn.com page as booking the destination URL may not give future proper credit since it contains session ids and such.

Perhaps, but I checked the link at savingsbarn.com today and it is still the same as yesterday. So, it doesn't appear to change for every session. Although it's true that it could change without notice.

Anyhow, thanks for all your help. I've easily saved over $1000 (unfortunately it's all company money anyhow) using priceline, mostly due to the "rebid zone" tricks and hotel lists that I've found here.

I've also bookmarked your support page so i'll use your links for any travel-related web traffic.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]