Priceline Hotel: Tampa help - multiple nights

zebazga
By zebazga,
in

I've been trying to get a hotel in Tampa for 4/16 - 4/21 without any luck so far.

Has anyone found that requesting multiple nights makes you less likely to get a lower price?

I've never used the get additional nights at this price that shows up after you win a bid. Has anyone? Would it be better to bid for one night and then use that link?

I'd really like to get the Crowne Plaza in Tampa East. I've bid up to $65 a night for 3* in Tampa East with no luck. That's pretty much as high as I can afford to go.

This is a business trip and most of my meetings are along I-75 (or is it 79?) so staying in the east part of Tampa seems to make sense. I've no idea what traffic is like in the area. It didn't seem like people think highly of the Brandon area, which I was also considering, but it only has 2 1/2 *.

Thanks for any help.

well you better hurry if you need a hotel for tonight!

multiple nights doesn't necessarily equal a lower price per night vs. a single-night stay

the add-a-night feature will be locked in as the same price as your winning bid price, but some members have been reporting problems with the add-a-night feature not showing up

I-75

I'd take Tampa East over Brandon myself

if your stay starts tonight you might have to settle for lower then 3*, or try another area of Tampa like the airport zone....cutoff for same-day reservations is 11pm

Oops, my bad. Actually need it for tomorrow, 4/17 - 4/21. Monday - Friday.

Would you take a 2.5* in Tampa East over 2.5* in Brandon? And why?

This is a strictly business trip, don't really care about Busch Gardens and the various other sites.

Was considering the La Quinta in Brandon. Mainly with being in one place so long, I want a comfortable, quiet room.

Thanks.

Brandon although close to Tampa will be kind of a drag to drive back and forth for 4 nights in my opinion. If I absolutely had to take a 2.5* I would prefer Tampa so at least I wouldn't have to drive back and forth every day. Budget-wise see if you can get a 2.5* in Tampa, if not I'd spend the extra money for a 3* in Tampa vs. anything in Brandon.

Most of my meetings are along I-75. Some are in Ruskin, Apollo Beach, Lithia, Land O'Lakes, and Riverview. So there's a couple up north.

Aren't those closer to Brandon than Tampa? I'm completely on board with avoiding driving. Have been told to eat at Fishtails in Clearwater, which will be drive regardless, but other than that I don't know the area and don't have any plans.

If I'm right and those locations are closer to Brandon than Tampa, is there any reason to avoid Brandon? If it's less safe, noisier, fewer restaurants, something like that I'd like to know.

Thanks again for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]