Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge-Brookline) Hotel @ MIT

steve16823
By steve16823,
in

Had a bit of trouble getting this one compared to past trips to Cambridge. I wanted Fri and Saturday night but looking online the only room available at the Hotel@MIT for Saturday is the Pres. Suite at $960/night! So, I split the nights and got Friday night for $105. There must be something going on in Cambridge that weekend.

I'll post again when I get something for Sat. I'm considering downtown or airport locations since my plans for Sunday are just to catch a flight home. Plus i've never seen anything in Boston outside of Cambridge!

I started off trying to get both nights at once, started out at $50/night and using the 3 rebid zones got up to $100/night which was rejected. Then I started a new bid at the 3* level and also rebid up to $100 and had it rejected. Then I started back with 4* for Friday only and had bids at 60, 75, and 95 rejected before winning at $105.

I forgot all about the savingsbarn.com links -- i'll use them when I'm going after a room for Sat night.

Thanks!

I'm trying for the same dates in Boston - the prospects are not good right now. There is a convention of oncology nurses in Boston and it seems that every hotel room is vacuumed up. The Park Plaza is showing rates of close to $300 for their "Priceline" economy doubles. You may have more difficulty in Boston than Cambridge.

I'm hoping that rooms start to open up closer to the date with last minute cancellations.

Yeah, things seem pretty tight in Boston that weekend. I just bid (and rebid, and rebid) up to $150 for a 4* Downtown, Airport, or Cambridge with no luck.

I didn't see any info on the Priceline hotel list for hotels in the "World Trade Center Area". Nor do I know how difficult airport transportation is from there.

I guess i'll start trying 3* at Logan Airport now.

Wow. I bid up to 170 for a four-star in any area but Copley. And then bid 3* all the way up to $170 for any area except Copley and Airport.

I made backup reservations at the Airport Holiday Inn for $170. I may try starting over with Copley 4* (and then 3*) or I might just wait until a few days before my trip and start over to see if anything opened up.

I'm totally unfamilar with Boston except for a few trips to Cambridge, and then I drove from PA so I didn't even set foot in the city or airport. The only reason I left out Copley area is that it wasn't in the direct line between Cambridge (where I will friday night and saturday during the day) and the airport (where I need to be Sunday morning for a 10am flight). I was hoping to get someplace downtown so it would make for a more interesting Sat evening than sitting in an airport hotel.

But then again, maybe going from Cambridge - Copley - Airport wouldn't be so bad with public transportation. Any folks familar with Boston got any advice?

Thanks,

Steve

Since this thread already had one win in it, please start a NEW TOPIC for the remainder of your stay.

For your back-up reservation hope you remembered (most don't :) ) that this board is an affiliate of the Holiday Inn properties and using our links helps keep this place a free resource. All companies we are affiliates of (and it is just about every major hotel brand) are found in our support page.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Boston is compact. Changing over to the green line to the Copley area from the Red line is no real hassle, as is walking.

Best of luck. I'm not sure what to do either. I have a back up reservation at the Days Inn way out on Soldiers Field Road (hard to get to except by cab) and if I can't get something better I may just skip the weekend.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]