Hotwire Hotel: Help with ID 4* at Magnificent Mile/Wacker Drive and NMA

harrywy
By harrywy,
in

Would need help with ID two 4* hotel, one at Magnificent Mile - Wacker Drive, one at NMA,

both for 04/15-04/17, two nights.

4-star hotel in Magnificent Mile - Wacker Drive (Downtown Areas)

Amenities:Restaurant, Fitness, SPA

$82

4-star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast (Downtown Areas)

Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Business Center

$88

Doesn't look like that they fit right into the previous descriptions here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

checked reviews for the hyatt and the PMillennium Knickerbocker. seems not too comfortable with either. also find a 4-star hotel in Chicago Loop (Downtown Areas) with only

Restaurant and Fitness Center

for 04/15-04/17. $99

any idea which hotel it could be? thanks again.

best,

Harry

The Hyatt is not all that bad, it is simply a very large convention hotel. It is in a great location and I've had visiting friends enjoy their stay there. The service can be a bit "eh"/impersonal, but its generally been adequate in my experience. If you just need a room for sleep and you'll be out most of the day, you should be fine. Plus, they do have express self check-in where you are presented with some different room options (at least that I've seen you get to pick from some different options.)

I ended up getting visiting family a room at the Knickerbocker last year, and they liked it. It's an older hotel with some rooms that may vary in size and quality, but if you luck out, there are definitely still some nicer rooms still there. A lot of history there, as well - it used to be a favorite hangout of Al Capone. Great location just off North Michigan Ave.

What appears to be the Palmer House (3.5 loop, $75, fitness/business/restaurant) is also showing up (at least for me) on your dates.

The 3-star Mag Mile/Wacker Drive (restaurant/fitness/business/pool/internet) also might be nice for $57. The possible 3-star hotels in the Mag Mile area are generally quite nice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]