Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Hyatt Century Plaza

LPines
By LPines,
in

Needed a nice place to stay near Westwood and Getty Center. Bid $100 for 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) and rejected. Added another submarket with no 4* properties offered, and upped to $105 on 4 days advance notice. Bid accepted at $105 for 4* (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Hyatt Century Plaza. I guess I didn't do all my homework, 'cause they dinged us $29+tips for vallet for one night. With tips, that's one-third of the room rate to park! When we pulled up, the vallet surrounded us and we were politely "pressured" to hand over the keys, on the representation that self-park would cost even more with no in-and-out privileges. Since we wanted to check in, change, and drive to Westwood for dinner, it sounded like Vallet was the way to go. But I got the bill and they whacked us $29 for a one night park. Plus $6 tip to get your car back on 10 minutes notice (a big hotel), the tab was $35 to park! (I am frankly too shy not to tip something.......even when I know the fee is high!)

First room on 11th floor was way smokey smelling, but a quick call to the front desk got us an immediate room change to a more suitable room (same footprint) down the hall. Next morning a $13 movie charge showed up on my bill also, even though my daughter only watched a 1 hr. Disney sitcom. The front desk removed the movie charge, but didn't budge on the vallet.

I don't think they should be telling guests that the vallet is cheaper than the self park. I doubt that is accurate, and frankly feel a little taken advantage of.

At $105 plus around $25 in fees/taxes, it's not my best value through Priceline for sure, but Hyatt.com lists the lowest price at around $250 + taxes, so I guess I did OK.

The rooms were very well appointed and had a generous supply of Starbucks room coffee and a wine cork puller -- so we could have done worse! The fact is, there is simply no street parking near Century City, so they have you where they want you! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]