Priceline Hotel: 4* MTW NY Hilton

gleff
By gleff,
in

Done as 2 separate bids, obviously, because Priceline won't permit bidding more than 4 rooms at a time.

Bid 4* $95, $105, $115, $130 and wound up with the NY Hilton for my first (4) rooms. Probably an overbid, but didn't want to spend more time on this. NY hotel business really seems to have picked up!

Then I started another bid 4* MTW and was told that I had already bid and needed to wait 72 hours! Priceline glitch? So I added a free re-bid and bid again and it worked.

Total of the 5 rooms for the 1 night that I needed them, and nothing to complain about. But the days of $75 4* bids (albeit at the Grand Hyatt) seem to have dissipated for awhile. :)

Gleff, thanks for the report(s)!

NYC hotel business has definately picked up and the $75 Hyatt hasn't been seen in awhile, but it's possible that this is due to NYC coming 'into season'. Sure it's a tourist mecca all year long, but things definately pick up around this time of year as the holiday shopping season begins.

Also, i don't know your specfic needs for these rooms, but one suggestion for the future might be to divide the bids up into 3 rooms and 2 rooms (instead of 4 rooms and 1 room). I would do this so that in the off-chance you get a different hotel in your second bid, you don't have one person feeling left out and away from the others. If you bid 3 rooms and 2 rooms and happen to get a different hotel on the second bid, at least everyone has at least one other person they know staying in the hotel (also makes it easier to split cab costs, eat breakfast, etc).

Enjoy New York!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]