Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Orlando (Airport West) Homestead Orlando South

AdGuy
By AdGuy,
in

After unsuccessfully bidding up to $27/night for a 2* on Priceline, I saw Hotwire had the Homestead Orlando South for $28/night. I've stayed at this hotel in the past (once during a hurricane) so I purchased it through Hotwire.

FYI...When I called to confirm that it was a non-smoking room with Homestead's national reservation system, they told me Hotwire had paid $22.98/night for the room.

AdGuy :)

I just booked it the other day too. I had to book the delta freq. flyer miles ticket so far ahead I didn't think I would find any hotel bargains yet. It is showing up as a 2.5* with laundry and kitchenette for $25 to $26 during January 2007. I did have a scare when I went looking for reviews on trip advisor. There is a recent one that is really terible with bugs, dirt, bad smells, and rude employees. But other reviews sound fine. I don't know, maybe just an angry employee. It is good to hear that you stayed here before and are going back again. Now if I can just book a car for that week I'll be all set. It seems to be too far out to find a deal as priceline has been rejecting my lowball bids. Hope your stay is a good experience.

Ted

Ted,

Thanks for "filling in the blanks" for me. This hotel is your typical corporate extended stay spot. I actually stayed here two times before...once when a hurricane blew through in 2004. It's a bit tough to find (head south on John Youngerman past Sand Lake...you'll see a huge multilevel car dealership on the west "passenger" side of the street and it will be shortly there after). Nice rooms with at least a Queen bed and very safe. The lobby is the pits and the front staff is not very helpful. Great location to get to Universal Studios and Sea World through the back ways, avoiding the traffic of International. Also, there's plenty of restaurants and a WalMart right across the street should you need anything.

AdGuy

Thanks AdGuy,

It is reassuring to hear your comments. I think that location will work great for me. I like taking back roads and exploring some different areas. The maps on the different hotel sites are showing it in various different locations of that developement. I used google.earth to look at the satilite photo of the area and I think I found it. If you haven't used it before, download the free version and check it out. You use the location arrows and the zoom feature to look at overhead photos of anywhere in the world. Some are kind of fuzzy and out of focus (like disney world) but others show pretty good detail.

Ted

http://earth.google.com/

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]