Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Gaylord Palms

young2by2
By young2by2,
in

This Hotel is very nice. But the negative is the resort fee and parking fee's they hit you with. Even the Disney Resort does not charge a resort fee and a parking fee at the hotels!

Gaylord Palms Resort

Disney World Vicinity

6000 West Osceola Parkway

Kissimmee, Florida 34746

Check-In Date: Saturday, April 1, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sunday, April 2, 2006

Your Offer Price: $73.00

Subtotal: $73.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $16.83

Total Charges: $89.83

• 4 weeks later...

Well you will have to understand my disappointment comes mostly from the fact that I usually get to stay at Disney Hotels for Half Price (A Friend gets me the Employee discount). And with Disney not adding on the fee's and Parking. This stay was actually more expensive than what I usually pay at Disney.

This trip was indeed a last minute trip. Disney Was sold out at the Discount I usually get. So I had to look elsewhere.

This hotel of course was very nice and spotless. They did give us a room over the Transportation area, so it was rather noisy. Also I left my Apple Airport Express in the room by mistake (my mistake of course). It was never to be seen again according to the hotel.

Thanks for a wonderful board!

Trey

wait, I'm confused, if you got it for $73 and say that you didn't save as much as your usual discount of half price......that means the going rate would have to have been less than $146....let's call it $120 and you're saying you could stay for $60 normally

well normally the going rate for the Gaylord is quite expensive....I can't see what it was for 4/1 but for this week it's $200 and up for the rest of this month.......and if you were getting a half price discount you'd be paying more like $100 which is actually more expensive then people typically get the Gaylord on here....

unless the going rate for the Gaylord was far below $146 for 4/1? (doesn't seem likely to me but maybe I'm wrong)

I was just thinking too what a good price that is for the Gaylord. Most have been around $85-$95 so that makes up for the extra fees I think..plus check the going rate and you got a deal

i think he meant he usually gets the disney hotels for less than he paid at the gaylord

he certainly got the gaylord for less than i paid which was $93 and $96 in april ($93 was for the same night that he stayed)

Yes usally I get the Disney Hotels for Half Price. Like for example I usally stay at the Port Orleans riverside for about $54.00 a nite. With no charge for parking or Resort Fee. So it is a TRUE $54.00 a nite. (just have to add taxes like every other hotel)

Trey

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]