Priceline Hotel: NYC May 06 need help...

bhcatiger
By bhcatiger,
in

Hi,

alright, another NYC virgin here - and a little intimidated... :)

As of May 06 I will need to go as often as once a month.

Does anyone know if there are specific days during the week or weekend, or even during a month in general, to get better deals?

I am not familiar with NYC at all and would like to stay in a nice ( = safe and not too loud) part of Manhattan, maybe even close to CP.

I checked Hotwire for mid May and prices started at 200 for 2.5* (yikes) in an area called "midtown".

Ideally looking for around 150 but can be a little flexible if need be.

As I will have to meet clients in my room on occasion I def would not want to be in a shoebox/closet kinda room and to have a table with 2 chairs and a little space... And from what I read on here NYC rooms tend to be on the smaller side.

I would really appreciate any input whatsoever before I start PL .

Thank you so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sunday nites are usually the least expensive in NYC... tourists have already gone home and business travelers have not yet arrived. Needing a room in NYC with a table and chairs in the room may prevent you from using the opaque providers. If you're meetings won't stretch for hours at a time and you don't need total privacy you could find a hotel lobby (not necessarily the one you're staying at) to conduct your meetings... the Grand Hyatt comes to mind as it's often a bit quiet (off of street level) and a nice atmosphere with comfortable seating. I wouldn't plan this for your first meeting, but 'scope it out' on your first visit to the city to know if it wil work for future trips. Plenty of business is also conducted at Starbucks all over the city (although these can often get a bit crowded/hectic depending upon location). You could also have a meeting over a drink/appetizer at a place like the Royalton or the Algonquin (or spend the big bucks) at a place like the lobby bar at the Mandarin Oriental... this will add another $20-$60 to the cost of your trip, but given the savings the opaque providers offer you may likely still come out way ahead.

If the above options don't work for you a place like the Beekman Tower should give you the space and quiet room you're looking for and is often available inexpensively (relatively speaking)... and the reviews are good too.

If you let us know the specific date of your upcoming stay we can help further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]