By jtp79,
in

I am using priceline hong kong.

I started with Siam - HK$600 = US$77

next added Sukhumvit - HK$600 = US$77

and after that took bid to HK$650 = US$84

added Silom - HK$660 = US$85

changed dates June 18-22 HK$670 = US$86

No luck today, but I will try again tomorrow. Because I already have Pan Pacific as backup hotel I will continue slowly increasing the bid and see if it goes through.

About a month ago I went through the same thing (you might have seen my post further down). I tried repeatedly and got nothing. Finally got the Westin Grande Sukhumvit for $90.

I guess the question for you would be:

Are the hotels that might come up on Priceline for $90 a better value than the Pan Pacific for $90?

What is included with the Pan Pacific that might make it a better value? Breakfast? Tax? Better location for you?

Yes, I looked your posts. I will try once more today and if it doesn't work I will stick with that I have now. Maybe I would try more close to my travel dates as I can still modify my present booking with PP until end of May. I will get back here if there is any progress.

Thanks.

Well, the Pan Pacific has at least a favourable location in case you prefer to stay in Silom than in Sukhumvit. It's just around the corner of the upper end of Silom Road and the upper end of Suriwongse; the Lumphini Park is practically just opposite, and it's not a long walk to the Skytrain and subway stations of Sala Daeng / Silom. I've never stayed there as the usual rates have always been much higher than what I could get via Priceline for 5star, but I assume it's not a bad hotel at all.

Best rate direct with westin is $139 including breakfast. Will probably book that offer or stay at the Intercontinental if priceline does not work out.

Please note as per the above links we are affiliates of both the WESTIN and the Intercontinental, so please use these links if you decide to book direct as it helps keep this place a free resource for everyone.

You can view all the companies we affiliate with (and almost every major hotel chain is represented) in our SUPPORT PAGE.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]