Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco USE or FW- bidding help

MichaelK
By MichaelK,
in

As a brand new user to this forum (and priceline for that matter) I need some help!! I'll be in San Francisco on 4/21/06-4/23/06 and would LOVE for stay at a nice 4* hotel. I'm traveling with my wife and 8-year old daughter so I want them to have a comfortable and memoriable experience there. But most of all - SAFE.

After seeing the great prices posted here I figure that it's worth a shot.

First question (for those intimately familiar with SF): are the USE and FW areas safe and family friendly? (we'll be doing the usual touristy stuff - Alcatraz, Chinatown, Zoo, etc)

If so, please help with pricing The MOST I want to spend per night is $100 but would be thrilled to find something around $85. Can this be accomplished and if so, what's the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Before bidding, you should be aware that Priceline only guarantees double occupancy... after that it is at the discretion of the hotel. You can call the hotel after you win your bid and put in a request for a room with two beds, but it is just that, a request nad may or may not be able to be acomodated.

Let us know if this is a condition you're willing to accept.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll wait for you to decide upon your zones before suggesting a strategy.

I'm not local to the area but passed thru San Francisco for a nite (had a great tour by a fellow board member local to the area :) ) and i felt safe at all times. I think we did see a homeless person or two down by the wharf, but <unfortunately> that doesn't surprise me in most large cities nor did it make me feel unsafe, although i suspect depending upon one's hometown it could make some 'uneasy'.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in San Francisco you have two re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Fisherman's Wharf...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* USE and Fisherman's Wharf...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90.

I would start with the above and if rejected we'll take it from there.

Any questions feel free to ask. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

I'd go for USE - Fisherman's Wharf is noisy and I don't think the area is as nice. Fisherman's Wharf is a one-day visit so you don't necessarily have to stay in that area; I believe there are buses that go from USE to FW area - it would be a nice but long walk along the Embarcadero (although perhaps not for an 8 year old). (I'm not a big FW fan!)

I wouldn't be afraid to be out at night in USE, although along the western edge of it, I think there are some shady areas. Ask at the hotel though. Between Union Square and the Financial District, it's perfectly safe, in my opinion. With an 8 year old, you're not likely to be out really late.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]