Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help 4* 10/25 - 10/27 NYC

jkloni
By jkloni,
in

Was hoping to get a room for $100 - $110. 3* or above.

I know its early, but I thought I could give it a shot with the success I had with San Juan for 11/4.

Couple of years ago stayed at the Roosevelt for $100 during Oct.

MTW, MTE, UMT/CP.

I would bid MTS later if unsuccessful with the above.

Thoughts?

I'm doubtful you'll be successful at that limit, but if you want to give it a go, you have one re-bid zone at the 3* level...

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Select 3* MTE and MTW...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110.

Amy questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid the above. All rejected -- which we both figured, but I just gave it a shot because you just never know.

I'll try from time to time using the same stategy, maybe going up $10, but using the same strategy.

How much to you think I will have to bid (realistically) to get a 3* room? I checked the Priceline Maps (which are awesome, thank you) and alot of the 3* accepted bids in the history were $150 - $180. I hope I don't have to go that high.

Thanks again for your help. I still have plenty of time.

Used Savingsbarn to access Priceline for all bids....

I do think you'll be looking at mid-$100's... which may in fact be very close to what a 4* would cost you.

If you have time and don't mind the bidding process, you may want to try for 4* hotels at the beginning of each bidding cycle, and then only drop to 3* after the 4* has already failed (in that cycle).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

I know its really early, but I just figured I could try to bid.

Bidding stategy? 4* 10/25 - 10/27 2 nights.

MTW preferable, but willing to bid MTE, UM/CPS and MTS.

Maximum of $150 - $160 but would like to try for less first. I have a refundable reservation for $165, so I'd like to try to be under that.

Thanks for any help.

Are you willing to pay more for the MTE vs. the other zones?

Took a quick look at rates for these dates and they are very high... just how much do you want to lowball as i don't currenlty think your $160 maximum is a high probability bet. In other words, what is your maximum bid at this point in time?

Too early to tell if these rates are indicative of what's to come or if it's just early so the hotels have loaded some high (traditional) rates into the system for those who like to book early.

I would rather go down to a 3* than raise my bid over $160.

I just thought maybe I could start at low like $110 or $120 or so and work my way up to $160 and see what happens.

I do have a confirmed reservation for $165 on West 49th, so if I don't get anything better, I still have a place to stay.

What do you think?

Two re-bid zones at the 4* level.

I would bid as follows:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTS...

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS and MTE and MTS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks, Thereuare.

I'll keep you posted on my bidding until I win ......or give up. :)

Again, thanks for your help. You are really great.

(My 2 nights total $381.14 at Radio City Apartments with taxes, etc. . With Priceline a $160 bid 2 nights totaled $381.76. That's why I don't want to go over $160 pre-taxes and fees.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]