Priceline Hotel: Key West Bidding Assistance

Michael Soto
By Michael Soto,
in

After looking at prices I don't think you're close at $75... the cheapest price at Expedia is $170/nite for this date.

Do you have any alternatives that are even close to your limit?

If not i would bid your limit for 2* and then agan for 1*... but i would be very careful about bidding for a 1* hotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not even sure there are any 1* rated hotels in Key West, although there are plenty of 1 star places in reality.

I often read complaints on TripAdvisor and other places from visitors to Florida and even Hawaii complaining about musty, moldy and stale rooms. Having lived here since 1969, I can tell you almost any hotel room is going to feel a little "alive" for a northern based visitor. We have humid air and hotel rooms are closed up most of the day.

My point is that as you go down the star ladder be prepared and please don't complain about getting a musty room in Key West for $75, because that is exactly what you are going to get. The window a/c will chill the mold for you and then you will decribe the room as cold and moldy!

Not trying to be funny, just trying to help you be prepared for an economy room in a high rent area. Like I said, it is not uncommon to see these complaints about high end hotel rooms. You are certain to experience the feeling at your price point.

Not sure if you are going for the night life, fishing or day trip - but except for the bar and people watching scene, you can enjoy the keys for less if you are willing to stay on another key. You could drive to Key West for your visit there. On the other hand if you want to stay up and out, you need to be sleeping there and moving around on foot. Have fun & I hope you find a room that fits your budget and standards.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]