Have you rented from Alamo before?

shammes53
By shammes53,
in

Just curious how car rentals with Alamo have been with anyone who has rented with them. I rented from Alamo several years ago in Orlando and everything was fine. I am looking to get a rental in a month or so in D.C. (Dulles) and can get a rate of $14 a day for a mid-size, with all fees/taxes it will be about $70 for four days - thought this was a pretty good deal (discounts with Entertainment Book codes) When my plans firm up I may book at least to have as a backup if I can't get a better deal through PL or HW

No problems on my end either... but then i consider all of the 'majors' in this field to be the same, really just a commodtiy they're renting to me. Doesn't matter to me whether Enterprise, alamo, avis, budget, etc (except for my recent comments about car rental additional driver fees).

I would recommend booking it NOW as they don't require a credit card and it protects you if prices rise. It can't hurt... and it could help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We recently booked Alamo in Pheonix .Using the Entertainment Coupon gave us a fairly good deal. We did find, however, a lot of pressure to go for an upgrade. We had booked an "intermediate" but were told that the only "intermediates" left were 2 doors and the agent said She was sure that wouldn't be at all suitable for us She repeated this several times.

She was also insistant that our reservation did not include a second driver. Luckily I had printed off a copy of the agreement showing that it was indeed included.

It had been may years since we had used Alamo and we'll try to avoid them in the future.

• 1 month later...

As thereuare says, there's very little difference in rental companies. It's generally the individuals at the counter that are different (at every company), so don't be put off on an entire company by one encounter at one location. We rent a lot from Alamo and occasionally have a very minor glitch that is easily resolved with firmness if necessary.

Funny that we had a great experience at Alamo in Phoenix last summer (free upgrade to 4x4), though I think they've moved locations since then.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]