Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (South Beach) Royal Palm

jeremy0877
By jeremy0877,
in

On 3-26 I bid $100 for 4* in South Beach 4/16-4/18, was rejected but got offer message saying that if I am willing to offer an extra $22/night, my original bid would be accepted. So, I immediately placed a bid for $122/night for the same nights, neighborhood, and star rating and it was accepted by Royal Palm. I then chose to extend my stay by 2 nights at the same $122/rate, so now I am checking in on 4/14 and staying a total of 4 nights at the $122 rate...I am very much pleased and think this is an excellent deal!

:)

I would have tried bidding no more than half the counter amount. I have had bids accepted at $1 higher than a $7 counter offer. If you extrapolate that out it would be $3-$4 on a $22 counter. I'm not saying you would definately get accpted there but you can almost always get accepted for less than the counter. Of course the number of rebids you have will impact this strategy. If you don't have many or any you risk losing it altogether if you wait 24 hours. If have seen counters disappear a day later.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]