Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Sheraton Hotel

arbitrageur
By arbitrageur,
in

Hi,

Can someone please help me identify the hotel listed below.

Thanks in advance.

Details for your 2.5-star hotel in Civic Center

Hotel Details

Check in:CheckInDate:Sun, Apr 9, 2006

Check out:CheckOutnDate:Fri, Apr 14,

PricePerRoomPerson:$57per room

per night

Retail: $87.00

You save: $30.00

Hotel Amenities

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Hi,

I'm bidding for a friend that will need a hotel from 4/9-4/14 in either the USE, USW or FW areas. I'm looking at price over star quality at this point with a max bid of $80/night. I'd like to stay in a 2.5* or greater. I'm also willing to split that stay (3 nights / 2 nights) or try bidding 4 nights first and then using the priceline add a night feature. Please post a bidding strategy, or any suggestions.

(P.S. I just returned from a 2 week east coast vacation with all hotels booked with help from betterbidding.com. Thanks..... :) )

You don't have any re-bid zones avaialble when bidding 2.5*. I would begin as follows:

Select 2.5* FW...

Bid $50, if rejected add USE...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* USW...

Bid $55, if rejected add FW...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* USE and USW...

Bid $60, if rejected add FW...

Bid $65.

I would try the above for the following dates combinations:

4/9-4/14

4/9-4/13

4/10-4/14

4/9-4/12

4/11-4/14

If all of the above is rejected then wait 24 hours and increase each bid by $15... bring you to your maximum of $80.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You said that price was more important than star quality... is that not the case?

If you're bid is high enough for a star rating higher than the one you bid, priceline will upgrade you to that higher category; so if lowest price is really the most important then there is no need to bid the higher star ratings. Remember that lowst price is somewhat different than the best value or the hotel with the greatest savings... since usually the higher star rated hotels offer the best value adn biggest discount relative to traditional rates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

You've once again made me think about things in a different light.

I decided to use different max price limit bids for respective hotel star qualities. My thoughts before bidding were -- 4* Max bid = $95, 3* and 2.5* Max bid = $80.

I got the 4* Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, bidding through savingsbarn.com.

Check-In Date: Sunday, April 9, 2006

Check-Out Date: Friday, April 14, 2006

Hotel Name: Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf

2500 Mason Street

San Francisco, California 94133

415-362-5500

Summary of Charges

Your Offer Price: $85.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Subtotal: $425.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $72.80

Total Charges: $497.80

In case anyone wants to try for these dates, I bid the following for a 4*:

FW - 65, 70, 75, 80

USE - 65, 70, 75, 80

USW - 65, 70, 75, 80

FW + USE - $85 and accepted

Thanks again!

FYI: I'll need another 5 night hotel stay in San Francisco from 4/17-4/22. I'll separate that in another post, but will most likely use the same bid strategy for those dates tomorrow.

Less than half price... looks like a pretty good deal.

Glad you got the higher star rating as i think you'll be much happier in the long run than by bidding the lower star quality properties.

Thank you for starting your bids using the links at SavingsBarn.com :)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]