Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

angelmum3
By angelmum3,
in

I think my problem has been in the rebidding again after 24 hours - I think

Wanting a 4* in NMA used link, and bidding tips adding Skokie and Midway upping bid $5 (starting at $75)

After reading more information, decided to go to a 3*

Should I again begin at $75? ( I originally only wanted one night, decided with Spring Break to add another night making it a Thurs - Fri night stay - should I do 2 bids, 2 different hotels?)

With 3* strategy is there any "free rebids" (or would adding a 4* option be the only 'free rebid' choice?)

Since I decided to drop to 3* do I need to wait 24 hours? ( I started bidding at 8:30am)

Thanks for any information!! ( I've only bid 4* and have been successful - but in a different zone)

I think that that date (if you're checking in 3/30 and checking out 4/1) seems on the expensive side and $75 may not be enough for a 4* in the River North/NMA area. However, while nothing is guaranteed, it may be close if you bid in the Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park zone, as the Hyatt's regular rate is under $200 and what appears to be the Hyatt is showing up on Hotwire (4*, Mag Mile/Wacker Drive, hi-speed internet/restaurant/fitness/business/spa) for $106. You may want to bid around $80 (although that may still be a little short) in that zone if you are interested in the possibility of the Hyatt. Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but based upon the rates I'm seeing, I would think that a 4* in the River North/NMA area would take at least $90-95.

OK - thanks,

will try tomorrow and add Loop - wouldnt mind those hotels, but we were hoping for a pool, not a must have, which is why we're doing Priceline, not Hotwire. I did check out easy click travel... it has a 4* loop hotel at $108 (off the record) "Facilities on property include 24-hour Gym, 24-hour complimentary business center featuring Wi-Fi access and work-pods. Concierge, valet parking, Meeting and Special Events facilities, IT Concierge, in-house audio visual services."

which I was thinking might be the Hyatt.

They list a 3* at $130 (just stating Chicago) a night but it has a pool, and compl. bkfst

Again, thanks for any input!!

The $108 Loop hotel is listed as "On Request", not "available", so it's questionable whether it's available.

The Marriott Downtown is $199 on Hotels.com. Not that much else out there in terms of regular rates for downtown that date, and the hotel does have a pool and is in a terrific location.

I'd keep going with Priceline.

Thanks, as per your suggestions, knowing Hyatt would probably come up in Loop - started bidding today:

1. $55

came back and asked for $15 rebid (I admit I forgot what to do at this point!! I tried to find a thread here - but ended up closing the browser, opening up a new browser and started over again - was this right?)

2. $62 in Loop area

Bid accepted

2 nights 3/30 - 4/1 2006 accepted

Taxes & Service Fees:

$26.94

Total Charges: $150.94

Great Deal - just sad no pool!! :) but like I've posted if a pool was a big deal we would bid thru Hotwire, the price was the big deal!! Last time we got this hotel we had a view of the Chicago River, and of course the lake to the righ!! Awesome!!

I should add that Hyatt has a "Best Rate" on their website hyatt.com and the same night they are offering a total of "Total Price Per Room: 408.00 USD " and that price is before taxes and survice fees!! While Hotels.com is showing a $204 price per night, again no taxes!!

So yes, were happy!!

Thanks again, much appreciate the site, and help!!

I have been trying (through savingsbarn.com) to get a hotel for 3/31-4/2. I can't get the rates that were found, above. (sadly)

Is there something in particular going on this weekend?

Here's what I have so far:

Loop - 4 * - $62

Loop / River North - 4* - $65

Loop / River North - 3* - $65

Loop / River North/ Skokie - 3* - $70

Rejected!

Any suggestions on a better price for a 3* hotel in this area? I have received prices around the $55-$60 range (on weekends) before.

I can use my travel partner's credit card to try to bid again.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

~Kelley

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]