Taxes and Service Fees: $76.18

Total Charges: $481.18

Bidding history:

MTW 4*- $120- Rejected

MTE, MTW 4*- $125- Rejected

Closed browser, had girl-friend bid:

MTW 4*- $130- Rejected

MTE, MTW 4*- $135- Accepted

Worked out pretty well (for a first timer) as this was the hotel we wanted. Couldn't have done it without this great site, the maps, and all of your help.

Thanks All!!!

Congratulations on your win... this is a great deal for mid-week at this property!

Glad the board was helpful in your success.

Three recommendations near your hotel:

1) try Ess-A-Bagel one morning for breakfast... inexpensive and one of the best bagels in Manhattan and a short walk from your hotel (51st St and Third Ave)

2) if you like margaritas try the frozen ones at Rio Grande (36th and Third, west side of street at bottom of apartment building... check both the left and right side to see which is more/less crowded depending upon what you're looking for)... moderately priced ($8-$9) by NYC standards and pretty good, plus you can fill up with the free chips and salsa at the bar :)

3) if you need a cheap lunch/dinner, Jackson Hole Wymoning (35th and Third, east side of street) makes a terrific burger

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another food suggestion (yes, we love food here)- Penelope at 30th and Lex. It's a short walk from the Grand Hyatt or you can take the 6 from Grand Central to 33rd Street and head south. GREAT brunch on Sunday mornings with free coffee if you have to wait in line and mimosas incl with most entrees. Also, really nice for an affordable and healthy dinner or lunch after you eat too much NY pizza.

I promise that I don't work there, it's just my favorite neighborhood spot! Feel free to PM me if you have questions about the area, getting around, etc.

And congrats on the rate. In my opinion, the Grand Hyatt is one has one of the best hotel locations in the city for convenience.

sarah

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]