Priceline Hotel: Boston, one night, 5/8/06

ufauxreal
By ufauxreal,
in

We need to stay in Boston one night. We will be participating in a program in the State House, which I believe is in Beacon Hill(?) I am not really familiar with Boston at all. Which Priceline or Hotwire sections would be appropriate. We will have a car so driving in is an option if traffic/parking are not too big of an issue. We need to be there at 8:30 AM... which, I assume, is rush hour.

Convenience is more important right now than star level. I just need someone to point me in the right direction... then I can do more research before I actually begin bidding.

JB

Hi...

I've now done a bit more research and I find that the hotels in/near downtown Boston are wildly expensive for our date(s). We definitely need to stay on 5/8, and may stay one additional night. Would like to keep it under $100/night. I checked on Hotwire just to gauge what the going rates are... here are a few:

4-star hotel in Back Bay - Copley Square (Central Boston)

$228

4-star hotel in Quincy Market - Financial District (Central Boston)

$248

3.5-star hotel in Boston Common - Theatre District (Central Boston)

$209

3-star hotel in Quincy Market - Financial District (Central Boston)

Customer Favorite!

$161

I'm not including amenities because these are just out of our price range. So, we may need to stay a bit further away and drive into Boston. I did find a Holiday Inn Select in Cambridge for $104 on Orbitz.... need to check reviews on that.

Thereuare, I tried checking on EasyClickTravel, but no matter what I do, I can't make the link work. I'm on a Mac using Firefox. I can get into the EasyClickTravel site... but that's it... can't search at all.

Any ideas for areas near Boston to check out?

Thanks!

JB

I've now done a bit more research and I find that the hotels in/near downtown Boston are wildly expensive for our date(s). We definitely need to stay on 5/8, and may stay one additional night. Would like to keep it under $100/night.

One possibility may be the Holiday Inn Express in Cambridge. It's relatively cheap for your date, plus it is located close to a green line T station, which will take you directly to the state house @ Park St.. Booked directly, it is $129 for a cancellable reservation, $107 non-refundable, and $117 with an Entertainment Card.

It's relatively cheap for your date, plus it is located close to a green line T station, which will take you directly to the state house @ Park St.

It's a little farther than I thought, about 0.4 miles from the T station. It's still closer to a subway station when compared to the Radisson and Hyatt Regency in Cambridge.

One possibility may be the Holiday Inn Express in Cambridge. It's relatively cheap for your date, plus it is located close to a green line T station, which will take you directly to the state house @ Park St.. Booked directly, it is $129 for a cancellable reservation, $107 non-refundable, and $117 with an Entertainment Card.

Thanks! That is exactly what we decided to do. I checked that Holiday Inn Express in Cambridge on a number of different sites, and booked it directly on the Holiday Inn website. It is $104/night, plus taxes.

The hotel got very good reviews at Tripadvisor, and the parking is free!

Thanks for all the help!

JB

If you go on Priceline and choose 4 Star, Copley, Downtown-Charlestown and put in a bid of $80 you should be able to get a room at the Copley Plaza in Copley Square (A 4 Star Grande Dame) or The Wyndham on Broad Street within walking distance to everything. (Another 4 star) I just boooked a room at the Wyndham for this Sunday (4/8) for $80!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]