Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* San Francisco (Union Square East) Westin St. Francis

nologic
By nologic,
in

Booked this hotel for October 2 to October 4, 2023…$155 (plus $25 daily destination fee plus tax= almost $200/night). 

The hotel is the Westin St Francis… for bidding, the property is listed as a boutique hotel, which really threw me off because the Westin is one of the bigger hotels in the city and far from a boutique hotel. I don’t know how or why they include this designation in the description. 

• nologic changed the title to Hotel Revealed: 4.5 Stars SF Union Square East $155

I was surprised this was the winning hotel because the description said it was a 4.5 star boutique hotel, which it's far from. It also said it would be from one of the folowing four chains:

* Westin

* Le Meridien

* Luxury Collection (which would could only be the Palace)

* Sofitel (there isn't one in close to this central SF.

I would have been happy with any of the top three hotels. St. Francis was running 2x more expensive on a direct basis.

Price of $155/night is based on hotel picks the bed/room. King was $25/night more. I'm alone, so fine with a Queen, but I'm also Bonvoy Plat, which I know doesn;t guarantee me anything but hopefully can score a checkin upgrade. Price does not include $25/night destination fee which includes F&B credit and  few other benefits, so I am fine with that. High taxes but that's SF.

• 4 months later...

Georgekip,
Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start a NEW TOPIC in the Hotwire Hawaii section of the board and we will be happy to assist you there.

In your new post please include the dates of your stay, expected budget (per nite before fees/taxes), and anything special that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and we will try to help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]