Newbie Help

wendlle
By wendlle,
in

I've never used priceline before as I am a bit of a planner. I like to know where I'm going to be.

BUT the Aussie dollar is tanking and It is making my trip to Disneyland a disaster. I need a good deal. So It has bought me here.

I sort of know how it all works. I'm happy to get a "mystery hotel" for an amazing deal but I am scared.

This trip will just be myself and my 4yo Daughter, we must be in walking distance to Disneyland - I was looking at the Castle Inn and Suites - that's as far away as I'd like to be - 10min walk total.

We're looking at Nov 10 - 20th

Two beds or 1 King fine, don't need pool or anything fancy. Breakfast would be a bonus but in no way essential.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We're glad you're here... and you'll be glad you're here too, as we take the guesswork out of HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS.:wink:

One key bit of information missing from your post above is your budget, as that will more likely be the deciding factor as far as what type of hotel and star rating you shoot for.

Assuming you know the area a little and the name of some of the hotels that you are hoping for, i would start as follows:
1) use our BiddingHelper.com tool, enter your location and dates, and click the search button

2) once the results are shown click the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab (or the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab) and on the left side of the page filter the results to only the zones that you are interested in and are nearby the entrance to Disneyland

3) within each of the results hover your mouse over the 'SEE MATCH from HOTEL LIST' button and the likely name of that hotel will be shown

If you're not familiar with the area, you may also want to open another browser tab to MAPS and HOTELS.com, enter the address of Disneyland and you'll be able to see the hotel names that are in the immediate area near the entrance... these are the names of the hotels that you should be hoping to see within the BiddingHelper.com.

Does this get you started in the right direction?  If you see something that is of interest let us know and we can confirm the hotel ID, or if you're still at a loss let us know your expected budget (per nite before taxes/fees) and we'll have a look as well.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]