FL Orlando Ramada Eastgate WDW

deltachi8
By deltachi8,
in

Stayed here on a Priceline bid from March 2-7, 2006. Paid $25/night + fees.

This is a larger, older hotel on Rt 192 (Irlo Bronson Hwy) at the corner of Ponciana Blvd. Definitely a 2* property.

The staff was very friendly, the room was worn and needed updating and some paint, etc. Was clean. Beds are old and pillows wafer thin. Housekeeping ket the room clean, but was inconsistent with things such as coffee for the room (sometimes left it, sometimes didnt), the amount of towels, soap, etc.

Pool area was bit old and chairs could be replaced, but not bad. hot tub didnt realy get hot. The basketball courts and tennis area is usueless, needs repair.

The hotel lobby was clean, lots of info available for attractions. Resturaunt and lounge looked fine, but didnt try either one.

This place gets alot of tourists from tour groups, sports teams and overseas guests. No problems during my stay in this area. Parking is free, there is a shuttle to the attractions (Disney, Sea World, Universal) but the times are limited. There is a daily resort fee of $2.75-$3.00 that covers the in room safe and calls to 800 numbers.

You can easily drive or walk to just about any eatery your in the mood for.

For $25, definitely worth it. Just dont expect anything fancy or new.

Charging a "resort fee" on a 2 star hotel is just a rip-off. There oughta be a law! :) Really bad for priceline users, because it allows an ethically-challenged hotel to underbid competitors and then tack on an additional charge which can result in a higher total tab. Not sure why priceline doesn't just tell its participating hotels that they must include the resort fee in their bid price. I guess priceline is afraid they'd lose a few customers who wouldn't bid high enough, but I suspect they'd net gain customers thru higher customer satisfaction. Also, the door is currently open for real abuses of the resort fee charge -- like what if the Ramada charged 10 bucks?

FWIW, I stayed in the 2 1/2 star holiday inn Nikki Bird in this area which, coincidentally, recently eliminated its resort fee. It was certainly no palace, but for less than 10 bucks more all in, might be a better option than bidding at the 2 star level for basic Disney-area accomodation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]