Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek) Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel

Vegasraider
By Vegasraider,
in

Hello

I am traveling down to Winter Haven from NH for the Russmatt College baseball Tournament Sunday March 1st 2020 departing Friday March 6th 2020.

My son will be staying with his team from Saint Josephs College in Maine and I am looking to stay with my daughter in a Disney Resort hotel. I am open to a 3, 4 or 4.5 star hotel, and have no issues booking single night reservations or all 5 nights.

Can anyone help with identifying what i should be looking for to potentially get a resort hotel? moderate would probably be preferred if its all 5 nights but again i can accomodate anything.

My daughter has expressed an interest in the Animal Kingdom, loves the Coronado spring, POFQ, Carribean, Disney Swan or Dolphin.

Polynesian or Beach Club would be AWESOME :0

Trying to find out if its too early to be looking? and what i should be looking for?

Appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

On a side note a Universal Resort would also be an option, i have only stayed there on one occassion and that was at the Hard Rock.

Thanks for your hep in advance and sorry for the lengthy post

Kyle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I have only first looked at offers your complete trip and i'm seeing very high prices, so i assume this is a fairly large tournemnt? (or something else also taking place in the area during these dates).

We will begin to have a look at sub-set of your 5 nite stay, but so we have a better idea of what options work best for you for this trip, what is your expected budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

it is a big tournament but most people tend to stay in the Lakeland/Winter Haven area with the Teams.

i like to stay in the Disney area since you can find nicer hotels for less money at least that is what I have found in the past.

the first day Sunday 3/01 we don’t get in until 10:30 PM si I really don’t want to put much money into a hotel that night.

i could easily hop to another hotel on Monday the 2nd and never have an issue with hotel hopping.

I think I would like to stay in the 800.00 range for the trip but if something nice opened up for more money can be flexible.

i hope that helps. 

Thank you

kyle

With current rates i don't think $160/nite ($800 / 5 nites) is likely in the right ballpark.

Have you yet begun to research rates as prices for your dates at a Disney property are well into the mid-$250 for most nights (and even high for some of the nites).  I think you are going to have to compromise somewhere... either stay at a non-Disney property for some of the nites or outside of the area.

If you haven't begun to research prices you can use our BiddingHelper.com tool which will make it easy to see 'opaque hotel prices' for hotels in the Bonnet Creek zone (where the Disney resorts are located), retail prices for your dates at Disney hotels, as well as hotels in other zones.

Would you consider hotels in the Disney Springs area which seem to be much more affordable for your dates (and many include some Disney perks, if that is part of what you're looking for by staying on-site).

I am seeing the following for March 3-5:

3.5* HOTWIRE Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $222
Free internet
Resort
Pet friendly
Airport shuttle
Smoke-free rooms
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Golf nearby
==> Disney's Port Orleans Riverside

... although this is over your indicated budget, this would seem to be the closest to what you're looking for, and the additional nites you need in this zone would likely be even higher

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello

Thanks for the follow up.

I should have been a little clearer.  Sunday March 1st since i'm arriving at 10:30 PM i'm going to be staying some place cheap  i will find that with no issues.

The 4 nights were the 800.00 budget.

I am flexible enough to bounce from hotel to hotel all 4 nights. Disney springs is certainly an option, Tuesday March 2nd i will probably look for a hotel that has a sleep sofa since my son is coming down to stay with us for the night since he has an off day on wednesday.

I would be looking for a Disney property March 2nd for one night.

March 4th and 5th would also be open to a Disney property or a hotel in Spings or Bonnet Creek that has a nice pool to relax at for the day.

Port Orleans Riverside is nice but i've stayed there and for 222.00 is not what i would be looking for would love to find the Animal Kingdom for one night then we can use the pool for two days and that is the hotel my daughter is most interested in money is not an issue for that.

Thanks again for looking, i'm probably more of a bother but you've been extremely helpful, have a lot on my plate right now and your feedback has allowed me to think through some things.

Take care

Kyle

We're happy to help... it's what we do here.🙂  Used to be much more difficult but we have tools we have developed (many of which we have made available to the public, like BiddingHelper.com) that make it  much easier to do this research.  Still takes some time, but a fraction of what it used to take.

Some thoughts/ideas of what i'm seeing:

3/2-3/3

This is by far your most expensive nite and although a Disney property is available for about $400/nite, it's different than the one below so a little less convenient than if you could pick up the same property for both nites and not need to move.  I did also search for 3/2-3/4 but price of one Disney property starts to hit the $600/nite mark <ouch!> vs. a Disney Springs property in the $125-$150 area)

3/3-3/4

Seeing one of the 'higher end' Disney properties but not sure which one (Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, etc) but at nearly $400/nite... possible Grand Floridian for $450; not sure if these are worth it to you at these prices (vs. a 4 star hotel in the Disney Springs area which could be had for about $125-$150/nite)

3/4-3/6

Disney Dolphin for $205/nite

Thoughts?

There are quite a few in Disney Springs in that price range (using 3/2-3/4 as example):

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs $129

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress $159

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista $129

Sheraton Vistana Condo $149

B Resort and Spa in Disney Springs $134

(with our current coupons you can also take an extra 5% off of the above prices)

Let us know if you'd like to move forward on any of the above (and for what dates if longer than 3/2-3/4) and we can provide additional details.

Hello

I am ready to book now, I was waiting for the tournament schedule to be locked for the team.  Out of the disney Spring hotels that you listed would do any of those have a sleep sofa for Tuesday 3/03? The team has a day off on Wednesday 3/04 and my son will be joining us for a night.

Also do you see anything for disney hotels now for 3/4 departing 3/6?

3/1, and 3/2 i will probably just take my chances with what i can find, last trip i stayed at a Hyatt, not sure of the name but it wasn't to far from MCO i believe it was on International drive and looked like a hotel for conventions with a large parking garage off the property at least thats how it felt and a large pool area that was very nice.

Thank you

Kyle

Hello,

This was the Hyatt hotel, it is 108.00 on priceline, but there are additional fees, i'm not sure it that is about what i should expect to get it for? I looked at this for the first night and we could use the pool on 3/02 or possibly do this for both 3/01 and 3/02 departing 3/03 that might make more sense.

Hyatt Regency Orlando

Intl. Drive - Convention Center - Sea World

Thank you

Kyle

On 2/2/2020 at 12:04 PM, Vegasraider said:

would love to find the Animal Kingdom for one night

For the nite of 3/5 i'm seeing what looks to be the Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village for $378/nite

For the nite of 3/4 i'm seeing what looks to be the Animal Kingdom Lodge for $285/nite.

If searching for both nites (3/4-3/6) the Villas are offered for $398/nite which i'm assuming is more than you'd like to spend, but mention so that you can make an informed decision.

Did you want to move forward with either of the above (if so we'll provide the details of which offer) and then we can get started on 'filling-in' the other nites around it?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

This is interesting since it seems like the nights aren't 3/3 working out for me.

If the AKL rate for 3/4 was available for 3/5 i would jump on that since that is the Thursday prior to departing Friday night and would give me two days to relax at the pool and allow my daughter to enjoy the hotel.

Tuesday  3/3 do you see anything in the disney springs area that would have two queens and a pull out sofa?

I also wanted to ask if you think waiting another week or so would possibly open up a few other options? I'm not worried about waiting until the last minute if necessary.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you

Kyle

8 minutes ago, Vegasraider said:

This is interesting since it seems like the nights aren't 3/3 working out for me

What do you mean by "aren't working out for me"... not sure if you're indicating you're not seeing AKL for the nite of 3/3, you're plans in the area aren't working out, the idea of having your son stay with your for 3/3 aren't working out, etc, etc... can you explain further?

11 minutes ago, Vegasraider said:

Tuesday  3/3 do you see anything in the disney springs area that would have two queens and a pull out sofa?

I can figure out almost all Priceline/Hotwire hotels, but i'm not an expert on the room configuration of of every property.  If you could mention which hotels have standard rooms with a configuration that works for your needs, i could have a look for those properties.  Given this is Orlando, which has a high percent of rooms designed for family use i suspect that a lot of hotels can meet this criteria, but i just don't know the ins/outs of this area well enough to know which ones qualify and which ones to exclude.

15 minutes ago, Vegasraider said:

I also wanted to ask if you think waiting another week or so would possibly open up a few other options?

There is no way to know... a different option could present itself, but likewise your top choice at the moment could disappear entirely.

Hello

3/1 and 3/2 i'm going to find a room that works for me. Tuesday 3/3 departing 3.4 is when m sons join us and i'm looking for a property close to disney Springs that accommodates 3. This is the night that my son joins me so i will check the hotels that have 2 queen beds and a Sleep sofa.

For 3/4 and 3/5 i would like to get a standard room in Disney Springs that is nice two queen beds is what i need for these nights. A disney property would be perfect but i also know that might not be feasible.

I need to find a rental car now for March 1st - March 6tj.

Sorry again for the late reply

Kyle

10 hours ago, Vegasraider said:

This is the night that my son joins me so i will check the hotels that have 2 queen beds and a Sleep sofa.

If 2 Queen Beds and a Sofabed are a requirement (vs. a want), unless the HOTWIRE room description includes a description of 2 Queen beds + sofabed, how do you ensure this specific room configuration?  If you simply need accommodations that can sleep 3 people it becomes much easier, but if you need three separate beds in the room it becomes much more difficult to ensure this exact room configuration since the hotel will have many different room configurations and no way to guarantee this specific room set-up (again, unless the specific room description is shown by HOTWIRE prior to your purchase)

10 hours ago, Vegasraider said:

For 3/4 and 3/5 i would like to get a standard room in Disney Springs that is nice two queen beds.... A disney property would be perfect

Would you pay $200/nite for the Dolphin for these nites or do you prefer something cheaper in the Disney Springs area?

For 3/4-3/6 best guess for this one:

4* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $212/nite with:
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> Walt Disney World Dolphin

(lowers to $201/nite when using the discount in our Priceline Coupon page)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Hello

I was able to to get the Dolphin, and i have it booked for the 4th departing on the 6th using the coupon code provided.

Now to fill in the rest of the nights but this will be a nice way to end the trip, always nice to be on the boardwalk, it is a beautiful area.

Time fo find a rental car for the 1st thru the 6th any suggestions for a good site to use?

Thank you for your support

Kyle

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you have a nice hotel to look forward to at the end of your trip.

If you'd like help with any of the remaining nites feel free to start a NEW TOPIC (since this one now reflects your purchase of the Dolphin) or for car rental help please post in the CAR RENTAL section of the board and we will assist you there.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy this leg of your stay/trip (and good luck to your son in the basketball tournament!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]