Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Cancun Hotel zone South Please help identify!

tgrlily
By tgrlily,
in

I need help identifying this hotel. It was $84 last night and I didn't buy so of course it went up to $149 this morning! On the app it says "BOOK SOON - Someone just got Hard Rock Hotel Cancun - All Inclusive!" If it's indeed the Hard Rock, we want it, but don't want to stay at the Marriott.

Hotel Amenities

Free Internet Available

Free Parking

Indoor Swimming Pool

Airport Shuttle

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Fitness Center

Handicapped Rooms/Facilities

Spa

Restaurant

Outdoor Swimming Pool

Free Internet Access

Swimming Pool

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

You can easily ID hotels now with our new feature of our BiddingHelper tool:

1) do your search at BiddingHelper.com

2) click the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab (or Hotwire Easy View)

3) hover your mouse (or click) the 'SEE MATCH from HOTEL LIST' button

Using this method the following hotel(s):

4.5* Cancun Hotel Zone South (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $105/nite with:
Free Parking
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> Marriott Cancun Resort

4.5* Cancun Hotel Zone South (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $151/nite with:
Free Parking
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa

4.5* Cancun Hotel Zone South (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $383/nite with:
Free Parking
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
All Inclusive
==> Hard Rock Cancun All-Inclusive

Based upon the information above i'm guessing that the $84/nite hotel you originally saw yesterday is a different property than the $149/nite hotel you're now seeing.  As well, with the Hard Rock selling thru regular rates for $538/nite for your dates, the chances that you're seeing it for $85 or even $150 is extremely unlikely.

If you do move forward with PRICELINE (or HOTWIRE) it would be appreciated if you made your purchase using the links on the board (which works for both desktop and mobile) and not thru the app, as this helps us continue to keep the board going as a free resource for everyone.

Also, assuming you have used PRICELINE / HOTWIRE in the 10+ years since joining the board, please begin to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain insight by those who have posted before you.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

PS- please also update your email address with the board as the one you are using is no longer valid and is bouncing back to us based upon your subscription to this thread.  Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! I didn't realize I had my old email address on my account. That explains why I had a hard time logging in! I'll be sure to post if I book through either Priceline or Hotwire.

I figured it was going to be a Marriott. I don't know how they get away with saying that someone recently got Hard Rock Cancun when they purchased that express deal. Isn't that bait and switch if you have zero chance of getting that resort?

3 hours ago, tgrlily said:

"BOOK SOON - Someone just got Hard Rock Hotel Cancun - All Inclusive!"

This is in reference to the last person who booked a hotel of this same star rating in the zone... it has nothing to do with the hotel that is currently being offered.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please follow-up your threads whatever you decide to do for this trip (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Lastly, if you decide to forgo PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, note that our current Priceline Coupon also works on pre-paid 'regular rate' hotels as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]