Hotwire Hotel: Help ID: 3.5* Downtown - Central Richmond Area

dragonstar327
By dragonstar327,
in

Hi!  I used your link and am looking at a 3.5* hotel in Downtown - Central Richmond Area, for $222/night from 11/15-11/16, 2 adults.  Hotwire lists the following amenities:

Amenities

Pet friendlyPool(s)Restaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impairedAccessible path of travelIn-room accessibilityWheelchair accessible

The only amenities that line up for that location are the Omni, but that is a 4* hotel.  Any thoughts/suggestions?  Thanks!

For this hotel:

3.5* HOTWIRE Downtown - Central Richmond for $222.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
==> my best guess would be the Graduate Hotel Richmond... while i'm fairly confident in this guess, i'm not 100% certain, and would want to do a bit more research before having you commit.  If this property is of interest at this price and you are ready to purchase now, let us know and we'll put in the extra time to get a bit more comfortable with this guess.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is it about the Graduate that you don't like (location, reviews, amenities, etc) and what is it that you are looking for... maybe we can help locate something that will work for your needs.

What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's all location - some friends and I are running the Richmond marathon/half marathon on November 16, so our first priority is proximity to the finish line/area on Brown's Island.  Either the Omni or Delta Hotels Marriott are ideal for that reason (walkable to/from the start/finish), and also have a noon checkout which in prior years we've been able to extend to 1 (so plenty of time post-race to walk back and shower before driving home).  They are $319 or $409, respectively, at "retail" rates so we were just hoping to possibly find them a little cheaper.  If we can't, then it's just a question of whether we want to splurge for one of those two, or stay out by the airport somewhere cheap and drive downtown in the morning (which we've also done in prior years).  The Graduate is over a mile from the finish line and has an 11am checkout, so while it's a good deal, given the longer walk and earlier check-out, it's just not feasible - we would just stay by the airport for like $100 less.

I would set an alert at RateDrop for both the Omni and the Delta (or any other hotels that may be acceptable)... our systems will monitor rates at each of those hotels for your specific dates and should they drop in price at all you'll get an email notifying you of the price change.  For now i would set the alerts at $318 and $408 respectively so that you're aware of any drop in price.

I would also look for something nearby that is fully refundable.  Using our other site, RefundableRates.com you can search within 1 mile of '555 E Canal St, Richmond, VA 23219' (the address of the Delta, but of course you can use any address you choose) in order to compare rates on a refundable basis (yes, rates will likely be a little higher than you can find elsewhere, but that is because of the refundable aspect... but the idea is really to just use this as a placeholder to make sure that rates don't only go higher from here and that you've at least locked in something at this point in time).

Lastly, i'm not sure how big of an event the marathon is (my wife has run 3 so i've been a spectator at a few) but i assume it will be too crowded/hectic to take a taxi/uber/lyft to a hotel that is not exactly in the immediate vicinity, yet not as far as the airport... might be a good compromise between price and convenience.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be further help along the way... good luck with your training.:smile:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]