Priceline Hotel: San Juan for Nov. 16, 2003

steve007007007007
By steve007007007007,
in

How much of a beach do you want?

The two most popular hotels that come up (because they're cheap :) ) are the Caribe Hilton and the Wyndham Condado Plaza.

The Hilton has the only private beach in Puerto Rico (because they made it themselves!) and the Condado has a very small beach. However, neither one of them have the 'big beach' atmosphere as they're really just sandy area in a bay-like area.

Is this enough beach for you or would you prefer something more in the Isla Verde section which i believe is more like what most people expect a beach to be?

Let me know and i'll follow up with suggestions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick reply .. dang, you are good!!

As for the beach, I guess we would like as nice of a facility as we can get for the money, even though we are only there one night. As I am not familiar with any of the hotels, its hard to say what I would like to target. We dont have to have the "sprawling beach", so long as we can get into a nice area of water, or even if the pool is a knock-out (ie. Sheraton Bal Harbour).

Additionally, are there any resorts reasonably close to Old San Juan?

Thanks again for your assistance. Being from Macomb, MI, can only appreciate your name icon as much as your recommendation! GO BLUE!

Steve

PS I am REALLY appreciative of the restaurant recommendations from another topic. What a plus to using your sight vs. others!!

If you're looking for 'resort' type atmosphere, i would be comfortable targeting the Hilton (and then if rejected, equally happy staying at the Condado). Both get similar reviews (generally positive but inevitably some people aren't happy) and bottom line is i think they represent the best value on the island if you can get them.

There are no longer free re-bid zones in this area so you'll have to try one bid at a time and if rejected wait 72 hours before bidding again.

Rates don't seem to bad for your date.

I'd start with:

San Juan Resort and bid $65 (most likely the Hilton), if that is rejected wait 72 hours and try $75 (most likely the Conado).

If you really want to target the Hilton then i would stop at $65 and keep bidding that amount until about 2 weeks before your stay, but if you choose to do that, make sure you book a cancellable back-up in the meantime in case rates go up for some reason.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The only hotel i know of 'in' Old San Juan is the Wyndham Old San Juan (3* on Priceline) but there are other 3* properties so i wouldn't recommend bidding 3* in the hopes of landing it. If you really only want that hotel, i'd suggest using Hotwire as you'll have a greater chance of landing it. If i were bidding i'd still go for the Resort level as the prices are generally the same and i think the resort properties offer a much better value.

Both the Hilton and the Wyndham Condado are not too far from Old San Juan... you'll need a taxi, but it shouldn't be too expensive (easily under $10). I know some have even walked from the Hilton to Old San Juan, but it is a bit of a hike.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]