Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on Hudson

web60_2000
By web60_2000,
in

I was hoping for a hotel in North Bergen, but wasn't thinking and got a hotel I didn't even want! Oh well! Here's how it went:

$60 North Bergen/Seacrus

$65 Added Elizabeth

$70 Added Jersey City

Subtotal: $210.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $40.42

Total Charges: $250.42

I'm not looking forward to the parking and internet fees. I would have much rather have gotten Comfort Suites, North Bergen or Holiday Inn Harmon Meadow. Both with complimentary internet, breakfast (Holiday Inn you must be a priority member) and parking. Hopefully someone reading this won't make the same mistake as me! lol Live and learn.

There's a pretty decent surface parking lot only one PATH (NJ subway) stop away. It costs about $10 a day, which is way better than the valet parking at the Hyatt. It's on Christopher Columbus Drive, just west of Grove Street. (The PATH station is at Christopher and Grove and you can take it to Exchange Place, right next to the hotel. But on a nice day, it's easily walkable.)

Also, if you end up parking there, one of my favorite restaurants is on Grove Street. It's called Wild Fusion and offers Japanese and Chinese cuisine. It's BYOB. But it's a lovely restaurant and the prices are very reasonable!

You're right about the dates. I meant March. The reason I didn't want this property is because of reading a few other people's comments on here. After looking at their website, it does look like a real nice hotel. Thanks for the parking tip! I will definitely do that instead of the hotel parking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]