Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Chicago Loop - Grant Park) Kimpton Gray Hotel

TQ72
By TQ72,
in

Searched for West Loop - UIC, on the 18th December and there's a 3.5 * hotel, which is giving the best guess as Crowne Plaza.  It comes up as $75.45 with Hotwire Express and here are the amenities:

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

There are some other hotel suggestions given but just wondering if anyone thinks if the best guess as Crowne Plaza is most likely.

Please start by following-up your previous Chicago hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

For the hotel above:

3.5* HOTWIRE West Loop - UIC - United Center for $75.45
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this property would indeed be the Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop

Does this work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think there's a number of nicer, more centrally located properties showing for a similar price:

On PRICELINE EXPRESS: (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $83
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Kimpton Monaco

4.5* Downtown - River North (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $73
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Westin River North would be my best guess

5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $88
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Loews Chicago would be my guess

4.5* Chicago Loop - Grant Park (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $85
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
>>>Kimpton Gray would be my guess.

I"m very familiar with Chicago and happy to answer any city or hotel questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Cheers again Aaron. But this is actually just for my wife who’s looking for somewhere close to work for the night, and her work is close to Ogilvie train station.

Appreciate the feedback and I’ll be looking for  another room for the Friday 21st when we all head in to Chicago for the night.

If this night has to be near Ogilvie, I'd recommend this:

4.5* Chicago Loop - Grant Park (please confirm that the correct date of travel is showing on the detail page after clicking this link) for $85
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant

>>>Best guess would be the Kimpton Gray

Article on the restoration: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-gray-hotel-kamin-0831-20160830-column.html

Nicer hotel than the Crowne Plaza for not much more (and a great deal vs the Grey's regular rate), plus about the same distance (0.5mi), just East of Ogilvie instead of West. Kimpton wine social hour at night, as well.

There's also a French market under Ogilvie: https://frenchmarketchicago.com/

Thanks for keeping us updated on what you decide and very happy to help with the additional stay on the 21st.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear this was the hotel guessed and that the location will work out well for her plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your wife has a good stay and is able to enjoy the city a bit in addition to work.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]