VT Burlington Wyndham

506canuck
By 506canuck,
in

Got this hotel for 2 nights for $42/night. Great location in downtown Burlington with a view of Lake Champlain & New York state. I doubt however you will get a room with a view. The hotel accomodated our request for two double beds with no problem but this was one of the few times I have felt that I got the dreaded "Priceline room" The room itself was fine but it was as far from the elevators as it could be and the view was of the mall and parking lot behind. Maid service was a little odd. There were four of us in the room & for some reason the maid replaced our four towels with two.... Oh well it was a great rate and a great location for a weekend of skiing. The pool and hot tub were good also & I would stay there again. If I had to pay rack rate I would probably take a look at the new Courtyard being built next door.

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to add to this review.

My wife and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend.

The first night we were given a large room with a King Size bed. Room must have been 700-800 sq. ft. We had a view of the parking lot and the view was unimpressive, however, the room was comfortable. There were features that were outdated, mainly the bathrooms. I think it is about time for remodeling.

Parking was $5.50 per night at the adjoined city-owned garage.

We used the exercise room which did the trick, I've seen better and seen worse. Pool was nice, with a very large jacuzzi. Staff was always friendly and accomodating, coffee cart and restaurant seemed to be overpriced. However, there are so many great restaurants and cafes we didnt have a desire to eat at the hotel.

Since we did a split booking, the second day we were asked to check at the front desk as we might have to switch rooms. Again very friendly and accomodating staff. They said our current room was available for the second night, which I was pleased with however, the front desk staff offered a premium lake view room. I jumped at that.

The view was gorgeous, room was a bit smaller, however the washroom didnt look like a scene from a hitchcock movie, so we appreciated that.

All in all a great location, you can zip back and forth to Church St. whenever you choose.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]