GA Atlanta InterContinental Buckhead

vatraveler
By vatraveler,
in

Was extremely happy with my experience at the InterContinental Buckhead this past weekend (3/3/06-3/5/06 on a winning bid of $66). The hotel common areas and rooms are exceptional, and the Buckhead location can't be beat.

We arrived late Friday evening. The hotel was easy to find (up Lenox Rd from I-85, left on Peachtree, hotel on left). Buckhead traffic can be harrowing, but the InterContinental is located at a traffic light, so we had no problems at all accessing the property.

The external signs for the garage were not lit on the first night, but we figured out which lane to take. Self parking is located on levels B or C. You enter on A and go down from there. We found plenty of spots, especially on C.

The elevators take you directly from the garage to just off the lobby, which is stunning, as is the restaurant. The check-in agent could not have been any nicer or more professional--definitely no Priceline attitude.

We had a corner king on the fifth floor with views of the courtyard, pool, and Midtown (in the distance). The room was very well equipped--doorbell, safe, iron, board, two robes, slippers, three phones, scale, huge soaking tub, separate shower, mini-bar, and more.

The furnishings and bedding were top-notch and tasteful. Reminded me of the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Turndown service with a chocolate is offered plus morning newspaper and 24-hour room service (had pasta and soup one evening, quite good). No vending in the hotel, but Target and Publix are both right up the street. Your room key is encoded to exit the garage, so it's not a hassle getting in and out.

All-in-all, we were extremely happy with our stay, especially for what we paid. This was definitely a top-three Priceline experience for me.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]