Hotwire Hotel: Disney Hotel Orlando 10 nights, 9/16 - 9/26

Henriette
By Henriette,
in

Hi there, I will be traveling from Germany to Disney World and try to safe some money since flights are already expensive. I am looking into Disney Port Orleans French Quarter as my first choice but would also be happy with Caribbean Beach Resort. My travel dates are 9/16 - 9/26. It would be great to get some help :blush: as I would be very unhappy if I book the wrong hotel :wink: Thanks in advance!

Priceline:

3,5 -Star Hotel

Walt Disney World - Disney Springs Area

This deal saves you 38% or more compared to similar hotels

Very good 8+/10

Amenities:

Business Center

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

About This Hotel:

Large rooms mean plenty of space to relax or work here.

When you book a 3.5-star Express Deal, you'll get excellent service, some high-end amenities and well-decorated public areas.

Price: 

Price per Night$137

Rooms1

Nights10

Room Subtotal$1,180.00

Taxes and Fees$191.00

Hotwire.

3-star Hotel in Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek area

45% off  (full price $225.00)

$127.00 per night x 10 nights x 1 room 

The taxes are tax recovery charges $307.76

Amenities:

Free Internet, Resort, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Golf nearby

Edit: Sorry: I think I posted on the wrong area

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It appears you may be using a non-US version of PRICELINE as the US version lists prices before fees/taxes... it appears your version is posting the nightly rated after fees/taxes.

This is what i'm seeing:

3.5* Walt Disney World - Disney Springs (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $118/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> best guess would be the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

I'm not currently seeing any 3 star hotel in the Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek zone when searching for your dates.

If you're specifically looking for a Disney property i am seeing the following on HOTWIRE:

3* HOTWIRE Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $123.00
Free Internet
Resort
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Disney's All-Star Music Resort would be my best guess here

Do either of the above work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your help. I really don't want to stay in a non Disney hotel as I don't have a car and rely on Disney transportation. I went through your link and that is exactly what I found on Priceline. I am so glad that I didn't take the offer. I will stalk Priceline and Hotwire to see if I can get Disney Port Orleans or Caribbean. Maybe it is easier to get them closer to September? I will certainly post again to let you know what I found. Thanks again - this forum is awesome!

Why only the Disney Port Orleans or Caribbean?

What about some of the Disney Springs hotels that now offer transportation, extra magic hours, and 60+ day fastpass sign-up?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is a 'good' rate?  Is it a specific number (ie- under $xx per nite) or a discount from regular retail rates?  Is there a maximum budget per nite? (ie- a $1000/nite hotel discounted to $500 would be a great deal... but would you be willing to spend that much on a hotel?)

Keep in mind that your stay is for 10 nites which can be difficult to land since the hotel would need to have discounted availability for each and every nite of your stay... if just one nite of the 10 nites does not have discounted PRICELINE / HOTWIRE availability then that hotel will not be offered on your search.  In this regard, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

How long do you wait for PRICELINE / HOTWIRE to show a moderate or deluxe on-site Disney hotel?  What is your Plan B if none show up within your budget?

Thanks for your reply. These are all very good points. 

I get what you mean. It is all relative. For me it would be a "good rate" to get a Disney moderate hotel for let's say 150 instead of 250 per night...or even less. 

And also very true what you said about the 10 nights. I would definitely split the Priceline Bid in order to increase my chances to find something. My plan B is: I will most likely book the first 5 nights at a Disney value hotel like POP Century at regular rate. And see what comes available for the other nights :happy:

For 9/16-9/21 how about:

4* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $139/nite with:
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel

... or you could book the same for 9/16-9/24:

4* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek <-- CLICK HERE and (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $152/nite with:
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet

It looks like things being to get very busy on the nite of 9/24 and then the nite of 9/25 becomes even more difficult, possibly due to 'Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party' on 9/25... so unless moving 3 times during your stay is something that you would be willing to do, you may want to consider the above for 9/16-9/24 which would then leave you with only one move for the 'difficult' nites of 9/24-9/26 (and even perhaps consider a Disney Springs hotel that offers transportation to the parks for these 2 nites which may have more availability and be more affordable).

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Thank you so much. It seems like I am totally unable to find something on my own. There is the Halloween Party on the 25th and I just found out that there is a special food and wine event at Swan/Dolphin on the 9/25-9/26. I will have a look at their amenities regarding transportation and fast pass reservation as this looks like a great deal. A split stay is definitely a good idea...even though I still hope that a Disney resort pops up for 9/21-9/26 :happy:

3 hours ago, Henriette said:

I still hope that a Disney resort pops up for 9/21-9/26

If you wait and hope for something different to come up i would not be surprised to see the deal above disappear, so if you do like the deal above i would suggest making a decision sooner rather than later.  PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE offers can disappear at any time!

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

7 hours ago, Henriette said:

I am still looking via HOTWIRE and PRICELINE for 9/22-9/26 or 9/21-9/26

Your original dates were 9/16-9/26... have they changed or have you already made other plans for 9/16-9/21 or 9/16-9/22?

On 6/18/2018 at 7:55 PM, thereuare said:

For 9/16-9/21 how about:

4* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $139/nite with:
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet

... or you could book the same for 9/16-9/24:

4* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek <-- CLICK HERE and (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $152/nite with:
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet

Why not either of the above which were guessed to be the Dolphin... what is 'missing' from this property that you're looking for in a hotel?

Assuming you're still looking for the complete date range (10 nites) i think you're making a mistake booking the first 5-6 nites and then looking for the remaining 4-5 nites.  Since it's the last 2 nites that are the 'difficult' nites i would sooner try to book something for the first 8 nites... then something different for the last 2 nites; otherwise you will likely end up needing to stay in 3 different hotels rather than 2 (which means two hotel changes, each which come with transportation costs given you are not renting a vehicle).

7 hours ago, Henriette said:

I will most likely get POP Century for the first nights at a regular price

If you do go this route, please use the board's link to the Disney's Pop Century hotel (9/16-9/21 but you can change the dates to whatever you'd like on the landing page) where there is currently a sale going on and the rate is refundable, so i would recommend booking this now while you continue to search/wait for PRICELINE / HOTWIRE to come up with something better... this protects you from the rate going up from here but still gives you the flexibility to cancel should something better come along on the 'opaque' side of things.

Using the board PRICELINE / HOTWIRE links, or the link to the Disney's Pop Century Resort helps us to keep the board running as a free resource for everyone.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

EDIT TO ADD: here is a link for 9/16-9/24 for the Disney's Pop Century Resort (confirm your dates on the landing page) given my previous comments  above regarding how i think you should actual be splitting the stay.  I did try searching for this property while including 9/24-9/26 but there is no availability when including these 2 nites which i think re-emphasizes the difficulty (or high prices) that you're going to face for these last 2 nites (and perhaps purchasing the first 8 nites in one block is the better approach)

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to report back that I haven't booked anything yet apart from the flights. I will stick to the plan of booking 9/16-9/21 POP and then try to get a hot deal for 9/22-9/26 hopefully one of the Port Orleans Hotels. And yes, I am going to book through your links as I really do appreciate your effort and all your support. 

I just saw that Caribbean Beach Resort is currently on sale for 9/22-9/26. I might even book that now since I can always cancel it in case I find something else for a better price. 

Thanks for the update.

Here is HOTWIRE's link to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort  and Disney's Pop Century Resort (as the Caribbean Beach looks to not be available thru PRICELINE for 9/22-9/26).

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

• 1 month later...

I assume the Pop Century was booked as a 'regular rate' and you knew the name prior to purchase?  What is the room rate per nite?

Keep us updated on the balance of your trip.

You might want to set some alerts for the Disney hotels at RateDrop so should any of the prices go down you will be immediately notified.

Keep us update on your progress or let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Good luck!

• 6 months later...

Hi there, I just wanted to let you know that I had to cancel my trip due to a family member had fallen sick. I am now spontaneously booking a trip in 2-3 weeks, looking into March 21 until March 25. Any chance to get Swan/Dolphin for a somewhat decent price? I wouldn't mind staying in a Disney value or moderate hotel that doesn't cost more than 200$. Help 😉

Sorry to hear you have to change your original travel plans.

I'm not seeing the Swan or Dolphin offered thru HOTWIRE Hot Rates or PRICELINE EXPRESS... but i do see The Dolphin for your dates (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm on  the landing page) for $220/nite (or $232/nite if you need to keep your options open with a refundable rate).

Would this work for your needs?

Let us know once you decide how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]