Hotwire Hotel: Advises finding a NYC Hotel

sev06
By sev06,
in

Hi there,

I am going with 3 girlfriends in NYC for 2 nights (june 8th to 10th), 

I started checking Hotwire for 4 * and 5 *. We have a budget of 100 Us$ per person and per nights so we would either get a room for 400 $/ night that can accomodate 4 (preferably in separate beds) or  2 rooms of 200 $/ night with 2 beds in each.

Our prefered areas would be Central Park and Rockfeller Center area but we are open at others as long as there is easy access to the metro.

- Any suggestion if I should look more for one or 2 rooms ? Do people ever got Suite with Hotwire ? what was the price ?

- Is now a good time to book or should I wait to get closer to june 8th ?

- We really like luxury hotels and a little plus would be fancy (more design oriented) any good plans you would recommend ? 

Thanks in advance,

Long Time I didn't use Hotwire and I'm a bit lost :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First a few comments regarding your questions and expectations:

3 hours ago, sev06 said:

get a room for 400 $/ night that can accomodate 4

You're not going to get a room in NYC that has 4 beds in it.

3 hours ago, sev06 said:

Any suggestion if I should look more for one or 2 rooms ?

Depends upon what you want... 1 room for 4 people will likely be a little cheaper than 2rooms/4adults; so are the benefits that comes with two rooms (comfort, extra shower/bathroom which makes getting ready to go each day quicker, etc) worth the extra expense?

3 hours ago, sev06 said:

Is now a good time to book or should I wait to get closer to june 8th ?

Nobody can say if rates will come down or move even higher... best policy is that if you see a good deal at a hotel that will work well for your plans you should take it, as it may not be available the next time you search.

To give you some suggestions to get you started and to be able to compare what you may be looking at with 1 room vs. 2 rooms:

1 room / 4 adults:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $224.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> likely the Even Hotel New York- Midtown East which is not the most centrally located but an easy walk to Grand Central which can get you on your way to wherever you'd like, but it probably does fir the bill well for the type of hotel you're looking for as it a newer hotel and gets great reviews

4* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $244.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Bathroom Accessible
==> Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan which has a better location than the property above, is very centrally located to getting around the city, and is also a new hotel with excellent reviews... this would be my top choice based upon your requirements above

4.5* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $286.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Warwick New York

For 2rooms/4adults:

Not really recommending this one as it's not the central location you're looking for but a good value for the price:

4* Downtown - Wall Street (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $113/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Club Quarters Wall Street

4* Central Park South (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $177/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
==> Hudson New York Central Park... but note this property has notoriously small rooms

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $214/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> with taxes/fees this will be a little over your budget, but this is likely the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan mentioned above thru HOTWIRE, but here is for 2 rooms with 2adults in each

4.5* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $214/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Omni Berkshire Place... although my preference would be for the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan above

Do any of the above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts/questions, or how it goes if you take one of the above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]