Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance: NYC MTW 4/12-13, 4*

rav123456
By rav123456,
in

Hello,

I'm new to the site and have learned a lot - I'm ready to give it a go, but would like to solicit experts advice... NYC MTW 4* for 4/12-4/13... just one night. We are flexible on days (for example, could do Thursday night instead of Wednesday night...), so how could that play into our bidding strategy?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome!

Doing a quick hotwire search, prices appear to be similar for arriving on 4/12 as compared to 4/13.

How willing would you be to stay in MTE? It is cheaper than MTW for your dates (about $45 less on hotwire), and it is fairly easy to get from MTE to any tourist areas in MTW. Here is a short description of what is in each area.

We'll be able to further assist you once you let us know what your budget is and if you would be willing to stay in MTE.

My .02 is to not confine yourself to just the MTW area, as there may be better values out there for this stay and NYC is compact enough that it is very easy, and inexpensive, to get from one zone to the other.

WHen bidding 4* in NYC you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

If you only want the MTW zone i would begin as follows (which may be too low, but i'd fish down here first):

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, gave it a shot over the past two evenings using the approach suggested in this chain. I did make a slight modification, and decided that MTE will meet our needs, so I threw that into the mix as well. I used the rebid zones to incrementally up my bid, and the highest I went last evening was $155 / MTE, but to no avail. I'm thinking that since 4/12 - 13 is leading up to the Easter holiday weekend, I may have to go higher than I originally thought

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]