Priceline Hotel: General Question

freshstart19
By freshstart19,
in

I'll be in Boston for 2 nights - March 7th and 8th for college visits. If going through Priceline, I don't want to go above $75-80. I have a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express in Cambridge with a AAA rate of $93. This hotel is close to the T, includes free breakfast and free parking. If I go for a 2* in Cambridge, will this hotel not be considered since I have a reservation already?

I would love to bid on 3 and 4 stars, but if you add the price to park and breakfast, you wind up paying about $150. Any ideas? I'm familiar with bidding on Priceline although I am new here. The recent bids for the Copley Marriott are intriguing but it costs $39 to park with in/out access.

Thanks....

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The priceline system does not know that you already have a reservation at a given hotel, so that does not play a facotr.

If you let us know exactly which zones you're willing to bid, and your bidding limit, we will advise accordingly. It's too hard to make a suggestion with only the above info as there are too may "if i get a hotel that charges for parking, breakfast, etc" that i'm not sure if an entire zone should be excluded if one possible hotel has high parking rates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked at Cambridge because I knew the area was nice and the convenient to the T. I'm there to visit Boston University and Northeastern. I know Copley Square is convenient to BU. I've seen recent low bids for the Marriott Copley and Hyatt in Cambridge so I may just do a 3* bid and see what happens. (Yes, I know the Marriott is a 4*) As I said, I have a reservation for a 2* Holiday Inn Express for $93. I probably wouldn't want to go over $70 for a hotel bid since I will have to pay for parking at a nicer hotel. I have a friend who's staying at the Marriott Copley for $212 which is silly given what I've seen on this board :)

Thanks for any assistance. Susan

Well there may be a few options within your budget:

Copley

The Sheraton has direct rates for $179, and it looks like the Sheraton is on Hotwire for $103. Therefore, I'm guessing that you could possibly win it on Priceline somewhere between $75-85.

I'm not familiar with the hotel's parking policies, but the hotel is located in the Prudential Center, which is a large shopping area with their own parking garage (no in/out access). There is a T stop for the Prudential Center, and 2 other stops nearby.

Cambridge

The Hyatt in Cambridge has direct rates of $149, and it appears to be on hotwire for about $66 (3.5* Cambridge). You likely can beat this rate on Priceline if you desire.

However, the location of this hotel isn't ideal for accessing the T. It is near the Southwestern corner of MIT, and the nearest T stop is across the Charles River near BU (BU West/BU Central stops). There is also a T stop on the other side of MIT (Kendall/MIT), which I believe the hotel offers a shuttle to.

Let us know if you'd rather try for a lower price in any area (Copley/DT/Cambridge) or whether you want to try a particular area first, possibly for more than another area (i.e. 4* Copley for $80 rather than 3* Cambridge for $50-60.)

Hmmmm... Well, I guess I could try 2 scenarios. The 4* in Copley (adding Downtown and Cambridge) and if I'm not successful at $75-80, then I would go down to the 3 star level in those same 3 zones, keeping in mind that I may have to take a shuttle to the T.

If I did decide to bid on the 2* in Cambridge, given that the AAA rate for that Holiday Inn is $93 what would be a reasonable bid for it.

Thanks....

If I did decide to bid on the 2* in Cambridge, given that the AAA rate for that Holiday Inn is $93 what would be a reasonable bid for it.
We don't see the 2* level often, as rates for the 3-4* level aren't that much more than the rates for the 2*.

----------

Well at the 4* and 3* levels in Boston, you have 2 rebid areas. If you don't know how to find them, read this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. If you have any questions, please ask before bidding.

This order is for a Copley preference with a higher starting bid. If you wanted to try DT first at a lower price, you can give it a shot first. And the 4* level in Copley has hotels other than the Sheraton, but with low rates, they hopefully should be a better deal than your Holiday Inn-Express.

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $51, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $56, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $61.

Select 4* Cambridge...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $51, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $56, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $61.

Select 4* Downtown and Cambridge...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80.

If you are unsuccessful, let us know and we'll work from there at the 3* level.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]