Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Gainesville (Gainesville - University) Country Inn and Suites by Radisson, Gainesville, Fl

DrackedaryMaster
By DrackedaryMaster,
in

So here is Part 2 of Part 3. I wasn't able to extend my Ocala Hilton Stay (1/31-2/9) past the 9th at the same great rate ($66) and they look to be booked this weekend. Not sure if it's due to Daytona events but a lot of Central FL went way up over the weekend. But oddly, Gainesville (where I work) actually went down.

This Priceline Express deal was strange. It only shows up when you click the advertised 2.5* 7+ $69 deal (what I think is the Red Roof Plus) and if you look back at the tab a couple deals underneath that appear and say that Priceline can also offer these similar Express deals. Is there a reason why they don't show on the main list?

Anyways, it looked like for most of the week that there were some Express Deals for Sleep Inn & Comfort Inn Gainesville, both respectable hotels in the area, but then the Country Inn deal appeared and when I did the math from the previous prices it was clear that it was that hotel. Very happy with this one since it's highly rated and just a few minutes from work. Waiting a day also worked because last night I saw this at $80 and today it fell to $74. The rack rate is $103. 

Amenities:  Free Breakfast,  Free Internet (in Room),  Free Parking,  Indoor Pool,  Spa,  Non-Smoking,  Gym,  Handicap Accessible,  Business Center

$74 per night for 2 nights. Total was $180.98 which considering what the hotels are running in Ocala and the surrounding area, I'll take it.

Before I took the Express Deal, I did try bidding for a Gainesville 3 Star at $75 & $80 and thought it had a chance because the 3 star average fell from $145 to $129, but no dice. I was dreaming of getting the Drury Inn which is Gainesville's newest hotel and it's lowest price posted this week, but no luck. Oddly on this one the ratings from Priceline are bogus because Drury has only been open for a few months and was built on top of a former hotel (I think a Motel 6?) and I guess because the addresses are the same the ratings from the former Hotel are showing up for the Drury making it look like it has a 5.5 rating when it is actually 9+. They might want to fix that. 

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board, helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

If you use the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab of our BiddingHelper.com tool you will see all of the available offers on your initial search.:wink:

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]