Priceline Hotel: 5* London (The City - Tower Bridge - St. Pauls Cathedral) Grange City Hotel

RandomGirl
By RandomGirl,
in

To be honest, I don't think I got much of a deal with the total being almost $900 after fees and taxes.  I started the bidding with Mayfair/Soho at $147/night, then added The City at $150/night, then kept adding non-5* zones and increasing the bid to $153, $155, $158, $160, etc.

Priceline Express had a following deals for the same dates at the time of my bidding:

5* Mayfair-Soho $188/night ($956 total) with the following amenities listed

Business Center, Restaurant, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

===>>> I'm GUESSING this was Waldorf London Hilton; so with the 5% coupon it would have been essentially the same price, and I should have taken it instead (oh, well...)

4.5* Mayfair-Soho $162/night with

Bed Choice, Non Smoking, Restaurant

(I will not venture a guess what that might have been)

Hotwire's lowest 5* HotRate was $194/night in Mayfair-Soho...

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

(no guess as to what hotel this was)

... and $171/night in City-St.Pauls

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

(same; no guess)

Welcome to BetterBidding and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

While perhaps there were alternative properties that may have offered a better value, we hope that this hotel works well for your needs and you'll enjoy your stay there.

Always use our BiddingHelper.com tool which makes it easier to compare PRICELINE bidding, PRICELINE EXPRESS, and HOTWIRE to make sure that you know your alternatives and don't overbid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]