Hotwire Hotel: July 9-11 -Waikiki Help Needed-Newbie Here

LongmontBuff
By LongmontBuff,
in

Hotel for two adults & one 9 year old- Really don't want to spend over $230.00 - $250.00 per night.

I've been trying to research and de-code some of the offers.

We would like to be at a beachfront hotel if possible. I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village 42 years ago as a child & would love to stay again

but don't think I'm finding it. If it's not available some other ideas would be appreciated.

My friend highly recommends the Outrigger Reef so finding that could be nice.

Since there are three of us are we limited to just Hotwire??

Thanks in advance :)

I found a few in Waikiki Beach Zone -

4 Star - $226.00    FULL AMENITIES: Resort, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby - 90% Rec

4 Star - $210.00   FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Near beach, Oceanfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s) - 85% Recommended

4 Star - $272.00   FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Golf nearby  - 75% Recommended

5 Star - $284.00   FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower -  65% Recommended

and in the Waikiki Marina - Ala Moana Zone -

4 1/2 Stars -  $222.00     FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Near beach, Oceanfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower  - 75% Recommended

don't think this is 'The Modern' -  I identified that one already

3 1/2  Stars - $237.00    FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette, Spa services, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking -75% Recommend

I think this is the 'Illikai'

3 1/2 Stars - $174.00    FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Golf nearby - 85% Recommended

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB then click the green "Full Amenities" button, do you see additional amenities (including accessible) beyond those listed above?

Within your desired budget range on HOTWIRE I'm seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $210.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Near Beach
Oceanfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Hyatt 

4* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $226.00
Resort
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Hilton.

5* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $237.00
Free Internet
Resort
Boutique
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess in this case is the Alohilani Resort 

3.5* HOTWIRE Waikiki Marina - Ala Moana for $174.00
Free Internet
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Doubletree

3.5* HOTWIRE Waikiki Marina - Ala Moana for $237.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
Spa
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==>  Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites would be my best guess here.

4.5* HOTWIRE Waikiki Marina - Ala Moana for $222.00
Boutique
Near Beach
Oceanfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Prince.

Also seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $272.00
Free Internet
Beachfront
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  A guess here would be the Outrigger Waikiki.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further help.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the quick response. I did in fact click the Green Full Amenities button before I posted above.

Can you tell me which Hyatt hotel in Waikiki Beach  zone you think is for $210.00 ?

I assume the Outrigger you mentioned above is the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort & not the Reef ?

Even though it's a bit over my price range could you identify this one please ?

5 Star - $284.00   FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower -  65% Recommended

the 65% is a concern but I can review TA and figure out what's going on at this location-

Are we looking too early ?  Is there a rule of thumb on how many months out I should be shopping for a room?

Finally-  Do you recommend we stick to HOTWIRE only due to my wife, daughter and myself traveling ? I suppose if we went with PRICELINE we could get stuck with a King room.

I already posted some HOTWIRE hotels on that board but found a few PRICELINE EXPRESS deals that need de-coding please on this Priceline Board.

4 Star - Heart of Waikiki Beach -  Bed Choice Available - $243.00 -

Business Center

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

5 Star - Heart of Waikiki Beach -  $278.00 -

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Given the amount of time it takes to research hotels, let's backtrack a bit...

Other than the Hilton Hawaiian Village (which is not seen very often) and the Outrigger Reef... what exactly is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip? 

What aspects of the hotel are most important to you (near the beach, directly on the beach, star rating, reviews, amenities, pool, etc)? 

What are you thoughts about the hotels above already researched... any of them appealing?  What don't you like about the ones that are not appealing?  Having more of a sense of your likes/dislikes for the hotels above can further help us hone in on a hotel that will best meet your needs.

In regards to your previous questions:

PRICELINE bidding would not be a good option for you since you need triple occupancy.  PRICELINE EXPRESS may be an option if you can find a hotel that shows a 'Bed Choice' option and where one of those options is for a room that can accommodate 2adults/1child.  Technically your PRICELINE reservation would still only be for double occupancy, but i don't know of anyone who has yet had an issue when showing up with triple/quad occupancy when a specific room type was booked and that room is designed to accommodate the number of guests in the group.

19 hours ago, LongmontBuff said:

Are we looking too early ?

If your plans are firm and you have found a good deal for a hotel that you are happy with... why would it be too early?  Are you ready to commit to a hotel for this trip at this point in time OR are you just browsing around to get a feel for prices and what might be available?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

We will have been on Kauai for a week and will be going to Honolulu to visit a longtime friend for a couple of days. My wife and daughter have

never been to Honolulu so I want them to get a taste of the city and see Diamond Head, Pearl Harbor and walk around the hustle and bustle.

Hilton Hawaiian Village is a fond childhood memory and why I mention it while the Outrigger Reef was recommended to me by a workmate.

I'd love to find a hotel that is directly on the ocean if possible. I know we won't get an ocean view but to be at a place that has pretty grounds and

allows us to walk out to the beach & pool would be a plus. We don't need posh but want clean.

I had asked about this listing -

in the event it was an iconic hotel like the Royal Hawaiian as it could be worth a few extra $$ to experience a place like that.

We won't have a car so will be relying on Uber, a cab or our friend. Easy walking distance to restaurants and shops is preferred.

Those dates are firm but don't want to purchase if the rates right now look to be high. We still have 6 months to go. 

5* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $284.00
Free Internet
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this one would be The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki 

2 hours ago, LongmontBuff said:

in the event it was an iconic hotel like the Royal Hawaiian as it could be worth a few extra $$ to experience a place like that.

So you're in luck... let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we have a new one appear-

Waikiki Beach -  4 Star - 75% recommended - $174.00 per night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

On 1/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, LongmontBuff said:

So i guess this turned out not to be the case??

4* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $174.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Waikiki Parc Hotel is my best guess for this one

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

38 minutes ago, LongmontBuff said:

I'm still deciding as we have plenty of time.

... keep in mind that the hotels/prices that are currently available may not be the ones that are offered once you decide you want to move forward and commit to a hotel.

Which is why we previously asked:

On 1/11/2018 at 12:04 PM, thereuare said:

Are you ready to commit to a hotel for this trip at this point in time OR are you just browsing around to get a feel for prices and what might be available?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]