Who can accept Name Your Price car rental bids?

Texasotan72
By Texasotan72,
in

I saw a string on this board from back in 2011 that said, "The nation's top five rental car companies (Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz and National) participate in priceline's Name Your Own Price service...  I was wondering if anyone knew if this was still the case or if there is a updated list that is different.  I'm going to bid on a car in Vegas, but I'm hesitant because the lowest priced agency seems to be this Fox Rent a Car.. which has really bad reviews.  I'm traveling with 2 small kids, and don't want to run the risk of ending up with these guys.  If there is any assurance that only the larger agencies participate in the Name Your Price option on Priceline, that would be really great to know.  Thanks for any help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you go to the Priceline bidding page for Car Rentals and input the location, dates and times, on the next page you will see:

Cars are provided by these trusted brands.

Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, National, Sixt

So you should be fine in regards to being able to avoid Fox.

If you need help with a bidding strategy let us know the details of your rental and we'll take it from there... otherwise let us know how it goes and what you end up with.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]