Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden) Homewood Suites New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square

C-MAC
By C-MAC,
in

Hello all,

I am in need of a room in the Madison Square Garden / Penn Station area for a 1-night stay tonight. I've looked on Hotwire, and they have two different 4-star options (not sure why?), but I am looking at one that is showing $204/217 per night (it's been varying). 

Amenities listed are as follows: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower. 

Any ideas of what property this may be? 

Thanks in advance. 

Chris

HOTWIRE can show up to 3-4 listings at a star rating in a zone at times.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

>>>Guess would be the Wyndham New Yorker.

Would this property be of interest?

Thanks for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of further help.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Not sure your reason(s) for needing to stay in the MSG zone, but you may also want consider:

4* HOTWIRE Upper West Side for $202.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this one would be The Lucerne Hotel, which if correct, if 1 block from the 79th St. subway station where you could easily take the 1or2 train to Penn Station... a bit cheaper than the one above and has excellent reviews

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've since lost out on that one due to delaying the booking. So am back to the drawing board. This is for business, so trying to be in the MSG area for a meeting at Hotel Pennsylvania. Hoping to be under $300/night. 

Have now found 4-star hotel in Times Square South with the following amenities: 

Free Internet

Boutique hotel

Fitness center

Pet friendly

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

In-room accessibility

Prices are twin bed for $215, double bed for $223 or $248 for king bed. Thoughts on which hotel it might be? Other suggestions? 

Thanks again. 

I'm still seeing the Upper West Side property but it's a few dollars more than previously:

4* HOTWIRE Upper West Side for $212.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> still guessing the Lucerne

The Times Square hotel:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square South for $223.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> best guess here would be Paramount Times Square (but i would point out the $33 resort fee as well as the 50% recommendation by previous HOTWIRE guests)

Another option in the MSG zone (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

4* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $249
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Doubletree By Hilton New York Times Square South is my guess here

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up booking a 3.5 star room in MSG area through the Better Bidding HOTWIRE links for $254, and it was the Homewood Suites by Hilton NY Midtown Manhattan / Times Square. Thanks for all of your help!

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Kitchenette

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]