Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (Disney Maingate West) Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts

EdCris
By EdCris,
in

Hi,

We are going to a family vacation in Orlando in September 18, and we booked a condo using Hotwire Hotrate. We were pretty happy with our Hotel Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts. The kids would love it!

But today I  received  an email from hotwire saying that :

Amenities have changed at the Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts

After you booked, this amenity has become unavailable 

• Kitchenette

The problem is that this amenity is the main reason I choose this type of hotel (condo) because we are traveling with little children. I can't accept they cash back HotDollars (25% refund), as I really need this feature.

Could someone please help me? I'm from abroad ... I don't know if calling then they will change or cancel my booking.(what I think they should do)

Thanks very much for your help.

Hi

I was seaching for a condo with kitchen as we travel with little kids and got this one:

Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts for $44.00/n + resort fee ($70)

with the following list of amenities:

Resort, Condo, Free parking, Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby

But now hotwire sent me an email saying that an amenity has become unavailable. Problem is that is a MAJOR amenity for me, the very reason I choose this room: The Kitchenette!!! They offered me 25% cashback (not really cash, but their Hotcashmoney whatever!)

Can you please offer some advice? As the change was caused by then and not by me, can I ask for cancellation or another room/hotel with the same amenities?

Best Regards

Eduardo Souza

Please remember to post your wins and follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner (and not just when you have a question or problem :sad:)

I assume that Ktichenette was included in the amenity set when you made the purchase but is not currently showing in your purchase history since it is no longer offered by the property for the room type booked.

I'd suggest just writing to HOTWIRE and let them know that you purchased this property because of the Kitchenette amenity and that this is a need for this trip... i believe they will likely offer you a full refund (if/when they commit to that feel free to start a NEW TOPIC and we will try to help you find a replacement for this purchase that includes a Kitchenette)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hy guys! All solved! Thanks God!

They offered me 25% cashback ant continue with the same reservation

or

change the reservation for another room with same amenities.

I choose the 2nd, but they couldn't find a room with these amenities.

So they opened a big "exception" and refunded all my money. I'm happy, better safe then sorry.

I'll need the room for 09/18, that is a low season for Orlando. Do you think I should wait to get closer to the date, so I can find a better price?

Thanks very much for your help.

Glad to hear it all worked out well and to your satisfaction.

11 hours ago, thereuare said:

(if/when they commit to that feel free to start a NEW TOPIC and we will try to help you find a replacement for this purchase that includes a Kitchenette)

2x

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]