Priceline Hotel: Hotel in Jersey City/Hoboken

Effedg
By Effedg,
in

Good morning everyone !

I will be in NYC with my family for a few days next week and since we'll be driving there, I figured it would probably be cheaper to book a hotel in Jersey City or Hoboken and park there. I think most hotels there are pretty close to the PATH stations.

I've been bidding on 2-3-4* hotels up to $125 for a few days now and still no luck. I've seen people get the Westin or the W at ~$100 so I'm still hoping to get a last-minute miracle.

Do you guys think I have unreasonable expectations ? Any tips/advice ?

Cheers !

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What are the actual dates of your stay?

How many adults/children do you need occupancy for? (keep in mind that PRICELINE bidding only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel... so PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE may be a better option for this stay if you can find a hotel that shows a 'Bed Choice' option and one of those choices is a room type that can be sure to accommodate your family)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm very familiar with this area so let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We'll be there from 07/31 to 08/03. We only need one room (2 adults and a 7-month old baby). We don't need anything fancy. Price (room + parking) and cleanliness are the main criteria, with free breakfasts being a nice bonus. I'll get parking separate from the hotel. I might also look at hotels in upper Manhattan where parking seems to be a lot cheaper.

Parking is still going to cost you about $30/day in Hoboken unless you're willing to park the car and walk a bit (15-20 minutes)... you can likely get parking in NYC for about the same price (give or take) where it would also be easier to park further from your hotel and then take the subway back to the hotel.  I think you would also have a much better experience being in Manhattan as it will make it easier to stop back at the hotel to grab diapers, take a nap, change clothes, etc, etc.

However, to stay in Manhattan you're probably looking about a minimum of $125/nite (before fees, taxes, parking, etc) for something acceptable or $150 for something nice... but you're also looking about about this same amount (or more) to stay in the Hoboken/Jersey City area (although i would also be careful bidding the lower star ratings in this zone... and also be aware of the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor which is in this zone and not near a PATH train (although there is a bus stop right at the door that will take you into NYC easy enough)

The $100-$125 wins that you are seeing for the W Hoboken, Westin Jersey City, Hyatt on the Hudson, etc. are likely during slower times of the year or for weekend nites (or solo Sunday nites which are typically the cheapest), where the hotel market in this area has much less business traffic and rates are often lower than midweek nites.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]