Priceline Hotel: Need Help ID'ing 2.5* San Diego Hotel (Hotel Circle-Mission Valley)

athom30599
By athom30599,
in

Please follow-up your previous Monterey Hotwire hotel and Hotwire Berkeley hotel threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those trips, then reply here and we will have a look at the offer above. 

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Are your plans for San Diego firm?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

"Please follow-up your previous..."

Done.

"Are your plans for San Diego firm?"

As in that particular weekend? Yes. Have been looking for reasonable rates for a week now, but have been unsuccessful. I already have a backup reservation for Newport Beach that weekend, but the family would prefer San Diego. 

12 hours ago, athom30599 said:

Have been looking for reasonable rates for a week now

Rates are high for these dates (something is happening in the area, although i haven't looked into what) so what do you consider to be a 'reasonable' rate?  What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

I'm not currently seeing any 2.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel offered in this zone for these dates... are you still seeing this on your own search?  Also, as you mention that you're family would prefer San Diego, i assume you're looking for more than double occupancy (how many adults/children do you need accommodations for).  If you indeed you need more than double occupancy and you do still see this PRICELINE EXPRESS property offered, does one of the Bed Choice options provide a room that would accommodate more than double occupancy?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see the 2.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer for $230/nite with these amenities:

Business Center

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> if this is what you're seeing best guess would be the Quality Suites Mission Valley Seaworld Area

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

For the HOTWIRE I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4* Mission Valley - Hotel Circle for $202.00
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess would be the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (confirm your dates on the landing page of the link provided below):

4* Gaslamp Quarter for $187
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> The Westgate Hotel would be my best guess here

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Did you book a different PRICELINE or HOTWIRE listing, or regular rate? Even if regular rate, it would be greatly appreciated if you shared what you did decide as the information helps others researching their own stays. Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]