Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York (Chelsea Area) The Paul, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member

pjl52
By pjl52,
in

I bought a 4 night stay here @$175 via Express.  It is reputed to be a 3.5 star rating with a "6" guest rating.   The room on both is listed as "sleeps 2".   If you bid on Priceline or Express (for a hotel with these descriptors)  what you will get is a room with  BUNK BEDS.  This is completely inappropriate for a 175$ hotel in Manhattan.  I asked for a cancellation.  They mumbled that Priceline had to request that.  (I asked 3 times if they would cancel the room and they kept saying...Priceline must ask).  ), and when I called Priceline they called the hotel.  They promptly told the Priceline agent NO.  To their shock, I happened to be 2 blocks away from them.  So I confronted them about misleading me.  What got from desk agents "Lucette" and "Mary" was a torret of abuse.  I guess they do not often get caught lying.  Good news is that Priceline was so shocked by the assignment of bunks, that they called the hotel back and they demanded that the reservation be cancelled.   Many have complained about Priceline and cancelations, but I see that if you have a legitimate beef, they will respond, especially if you understand the problem before arriving.  So thanks to Priceline for backing up their hotel ratings--who gives bunks in a 3.5 star hotel???  I hope the moderator will allow this warning to go out.  I will be glad to share the cancellation notice I got from Priceline.

Sorry to hear of the issue you encountered but glad to see that PRICELINE handled the situation well.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List. (in the future please include the full amenity set that PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with the property and shows prior to your purchase).

What i believe to be The Paul is currently offered on PRICELINE EXPRESS and offers various bed types, i assume these were not an option when you booked?  Also, the hotel does offer a room with bunk beds, but this is the same price as a room offered with two single beds... as your stay is in the future and never materialized, how did you know that you would have received the bunk bedded room?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

If you'd like help with a replacement for these dates feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My guess for THIS PRICELINE EXPRESS offer is The Paul, which in this example does show different room types that you can choose (the room types match with those of THE PAUL), so sometimes the PRICELINE EXPRESS offers do show room types (and it's not uncommon for the same hotel to sometimes show a room type and sometimes not)

Either way, glad to see you got it resolved.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Right now the Paul is listed as Chelsea, 3.5*, guest rating 6.  I expect that rating to be falling. See yelp for others who were scammed.  The desk agents lie and are very unpleasant, shouting at customers.  The bellman was called over to throw me out.  But instead, te bellman kept telling both of the receptionists not to yell (3 times).  These two did not listen to me or the bellman.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]