Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Brooklyn Downtown) Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel

Holandesa
By Holandesa,
in

I'll stay 2 nights in NY next week. There are 2 hotels - 4 stars in Brooklyn downtown. Previously I stayed in the Marriott and I loved it.

This time I started my bidding for the Friday evening at $100 and I got the Sheraton. I was really hoping to get the Marriott again, but I was already expecting to get the Sheraton.

Because my bid was accepted already at the first try, I started bidding for the 2nd evening at $80 and then $90  - both got rejected (I added other districts that had no 4-stars hotel). 

Then if $100 would be accepted, I could just extend my original winning with one night for the same price, but it wasn't accepted and Priceline came back with a proposal of $210 - which I didn't accept.

Now I need to decide what to do for my 2nd night. Do another bidding (same area - so I could move to other hotel - Marriott perhaps :-)) or wait till tomorrow or another day to see if I can extend the stay... Suggestions?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's not clear from your post... when PRICELINE counter-offered the $120/nite was that a regular PRICELINE bid or when you tried to extend your stay (from the option given in your winning bid confirmation)?

Unless things have changed recently, you only get the ability to extend your stay once, so if that is what you did i don't think you'll have the option in the future to try again to extend your stay at the same hotel (although may be able to do it right now if considered to be the same session by PRICELINE)

Using our BiddingHelper.com tool and searching for 6/9-6/10 there is this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

4* Brooklyn Downtown for $97
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> which i believe to be the Sheraton but a few dollars less than what you bid above (so always use our BiddingHelper.com tool to check prices before you bid!!!)

Taking this one step further if you click the on the IS THIS A GOOD PRICE button in the Priceline Express tab next to this offer you will see the Sheraton Brooklyn for $129/nite.

Now repeat this process for the nite of 6/10 and you will see that the Sheraton Brooklyn is $219/nite.

This BIG difference in price would be a tip-off that you may not likely be able to get the same hotel each nite by SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

If PRICELINE's offer of $120/nite was a counter-offer when you tried to extend your stay (so you know it will be the Sheraton for this additional nite) then i would take that offer if still available, since it's a substantial discount to the current rate at that property for this nite and it will save you the hassle of needing to change hotels.

If the $120 was a counter-offer based upon a 'regular' PRICELINE bid i would inquire further why you chose Brooklyn in the first place... is this where you want to stay because you have reason and/or things to do in the area OR was this just looking for a less expensive place to stay vs. Manhattan and most of what you intend to do will take place in Manhattan and you'll commute there from Brooklyn?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

EDIT TO ADD: just re-read your original post and i see that it was $210 that was counter-offered (not $120 as i had first read... need more coffee!!) so what to do from here leads me to the second question poised above: Do you need to stay in Brooklyn or was that just to try and save money and most of your time will be spend in Manhattan?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare,

Thanks for your reply! I'm an long member of this forum and I always use it for our my PRICELINE bidding! (You alll do an amazing job on this site! :smile:) but I had missed biddinghelper functionality... 

Coming back on your reply. The counter offer was $210 when i tried to extended the check out day. That is a big difference and after some time I actually think it's a good idea to be in Manhattan on Saturday. So, I'm thinking to go for the Empire State area. (Thought about Time square, but that is always sooo busy and noisy). I would like to in an area with good subway options closer by. Should you have any suggestions, I would appreciate your help! 

Thanks,

Oh, btw, reason why I had selected Brooklin downtown is the good experience last time (walking to the Bridge and see Manhattan skyline is one of my best memories from last time! There is also a nice japanese restaurant closed to the Marriott hotel that I really enjoyed last time and I'm planning to go back! ☺️)

50 minutes ago, Holandesa said:

You alll do an amazing job on this site!

Thanks for the compliments! :smile:

51 minutes ago, Holandesa said:

I'm an long member of this forum

Hopefully you will begin to share all of your future wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain insight from those who have posted before you... this thread is your first post in 5+ years on the board.

As the topic title of this thread now reflects your Brooklyn purchase for 6/9, please start a NEW TOPIC for the nite of 6/10 so that the thread of your eventual win can have it's own link in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and our Priceline Maps.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]