Priceline Hotel: 3* Richmond (Downtown) Crowne Plaza

JSKoehler
By JSKoehler,
in

New Hotel for this zone. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza years ago (pre-Priceline days), and it was nice then, so I hope it has been well maintained!

My bidding history is a bit complicated. I really wanted to be downtown this trip because the weather is iffy this time of year and parking is awful with the legislature in town.

I started with DT at 4* $55 and bid up to $70 using three free zones. No luck or counter offers.

Restarted at 38 DT @ $45, then $50 adding South (free); restarted with DT and Innbrook (free) at $55, counter of $70; added South back in at $58, counter of $75. Now I was in a jam, with no more free zones. So I took a risk by bidding for 3* in Midlothian (this has to be the Sheraton out there, as there are no other hotels of the 3* class) @ $55, if it came up I would live with it, but I was fairly sure it would not, as I never seen the Sheraton Midlothian come up (unlike Sheraton West End, that is almost always a bargain). Bid rejected and no counter, so I added DT and bid $61 (I knew I was risking getting Midlothian again, but with no counter, I felt it was a safe bet) and got the Crowne Plaza.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]