Priceline Hotel: 5/20 four nights- need advice

corar57
By corar57,
in

Hi all!

This is my first post- what a great board!

I am a long time priceline user and I tend to have pretty good success with all kinds of internet bookings. However, I am really stumped. I am looking for a hotel, preferably a 4 star, tho a 5 star at the right price would be fine. I would like to be on the strip, at one of the biggies. For whatever reason, that weekend is quite pricey in Vegas. There must be something going on that is driving the price up.

I would like to be under 200/night, but prefer to be around 100-120. I dont usually have trouble finding this in vegas. Any ideas? Is it just to early? Should I start bidding away?

Thanks!! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Two issues at work here...

1) there is a 35K person convention during your stay. Not astronomical for Vegas, but certainly will take up their share of hotel rooms

2) lots of hotels won't accept a Saturday nite check-in... are you willing to consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

Even with the above issues you should be able to get something within your budget... Hotwire is currently offering a 4* in the North Strip for $184/nite.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I found decent rates for Bally's for your stay at Worldres.com. They have it for 145,123,123,123 for your stay. I have never booked with them before, but it looks like they will hold your reservation with no deposit, but then it says that they do charge a 5% cancellation fee, so I guess this is only good is you really wanted to book it. I have just used their prices before for a price match guarantee.

Actually, I was just thinking about this some more. If you are interested in Ballys, just book the first night with Worldres.com and then book your next 3 nights with Bally's directly which is available on their site for 149,149,149. You book it with them, then submit a price match guarantee for these nights, they match worldres.com plus give you an additional 25% off the lowest price. You just need to print out the claim form and either fax or email it back to them within 24 hours of booking. Others have been successful getting these rates matched plus 25%. I have a claim right now that I am waiting on hearing back from them for a friends stay at Paris. I just submitted it this morning. So with the 25% match your rates for the last 3 nights would be $92.25 per night.

I just wanted to let you know I was successful getting Paris to match my lower price plus 25% with their Best Rate Guarantee. Paris had my rates for 6/8-6/12 (thu-mon) for $636, Worldres.com had it for $568, then with the guarantee, I got it for $426 plus taxes for 4 nights, not bad for a long weekend at Paris.

Yes, that rate guarantee works for all of those properties now. Its on each of their websites.

Feel confident when you book a room through our website or any of the Caesars websites that you'll receive the guaranteed lowest rate for that same hotel.

We promise that if you do find a lower published rate on one of our rooms (packages and promotions excluded), we'll not only match that rate, we'll also give you an additional 25% off the lower rate. Simply submit a Best Rate Plus Guarantee Claim Form to us and we'll honor the lower rate. For more information on how to process a claim click here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]